Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Repurposing Vintage Fabric!

 Hello blog friendies!  I bought a vintage baby quilt at the thrifts and some of the squares were UG-ILY!  Some of it was scratchy and I knew I would never put the quilt on any of my grand babies so I cut it up!  GASP!  Some of the fabrics were cute like this one and some were just so 70ish that I decided I'll make a mini banner out of them!  I'll show you when it's done.  A few of the squares had fabric that will work for my button ball garlands so they'll be repurposed in that way and I scanned some of the pieces before cutting them up into triangles so I can use them printed out on paper in the future.  Here's an example of one of them.  Feel free to copy it if you like. 
My grand babies moved away yesterday.  Boo-hoo!  I hate long, sad goodbyes so I sent them off with my favorite funny face.  ☺ Seems like I've been sick all month long with one thing after another and I still am so our parting wasn't real memorable in any other way!  I tried to make some special memories with them before they left but we were all so stressed with both our families moving!  Stress just makes me sick.  I don't get high blood pressure, yell or get angry- I just get sick.  I know I'll perk back up eventually but for now, I'm laying low and resting up!  I hope to take and post fun pics of  my Valentine swap from Retro Sandie soon!

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

I just found out on Monday my ONLY grandbaby (aka: Miss K) is NOT moving away. YEAH! Daddy was promoted within! I'm sooo happy!

Thinking of you~

xoRebecca

Kim K. said...

Sending you some extra big valentine hugs.

vintage grey said...

Sending hugs and love! xo Heather

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I hate when kids move away!! I love the fabric, I keep my eyes open to at the thrift for bits of a piece that can be repurposed!

Carol

Pam~Simply Nordic said...

This will make an adorable banner. Love the colors! Can't wait to see it finished...The best gifts are always vintage homemade! xo Pam

vivian said...

So sad for you that your grandbabys are moving away. I imagine that is difficult. I hope youre soon feeling better Holly. I get sick from stress too.
relax and rest..
xoxo

chris mckinley said...

It is just too hard when kids and grandkids move away! Thank goodnes for facetime and skype!! So glad you found away to use most of the quilt you found!!! Feel better!

chris

GardenofDaisies said...

Sorry your family is moving away. That is hard. You will have to find creative ways to stay in touch. Skype and cell phones and facebook have made it so much easier to keep in touch long distance. During the 60's and 70's, when our family lived overseas, we could write letters, and about once a year got to talk to grandparents on a ham radio. That's just the way it was, so that what we worked with. I still have, and cherish, those letters from my Grandma.
I love the cute little gingham turtle fabric. Super cute. Can't wait to see the banner you make.

Sewn With Grace said...

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Said a prayer for you! Feel Better!

Jann Olson said...

Oh sweetie, I hope you get feeling better soon. I know you will be missing them so much. Sending love your way!
hugs,
Jann

VintageBettys said...

I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling good lately :( Take care of yourself and get some rest.
((HUGS))

donna said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Looking forward to seeing more of your fabric.
Hugs
donna

✿Carol✿ said...

I also get sick when I'm stressed. And usually get a great big ugly cold sore too!
So sorry your family is moving away, but I like the idea that you're keeping busy by crafting. Love the flower power fabric. I don't decorate with it, but I spent my teen years in the 70s, as I know you did, and it holds a special groovy place in my heart!