Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Thrifting For Vintage And SEE My Valentine!

Hello girls!  I sure do love thrifting for vintage goodies!  All the items I'm about to show came from the Goodwill and all of them were priced reasonably!  I'm so glad I didn't give up on them!  This first item is a KROMEX ice bucket!  It's looks brand new but my research tells me it's from the late 50's- early 60's.  It's going to go in my kitchen on top of my cabinets!  It's so bright and cheerful!This Pyrex cake pan was only .99!  It's supposed to be flamingo pink but it looks more like a salmon color.  Maybe a dishwasher discolored it?  Does anybody know?  It now resides in my hutch,  ☺
I have fond memories of these vintage Tupperware tumblers!  does anyone else remember them?
There was this pitcher, too.  I remember these as well.
And now- SEE my valentine from Retro Sandie!  Ribbon and cherubs, roses and glitter.  It is a fluffy delight!
Sandie stuffed my box full to overflowing with goodies! 
I decided to take a pic of my 3 favorite items in the box-minus the eaten chocolate of course.  ☺ Even though I only do about 2 swaps a year, they are so much fun for me!  Thanks for being my partner, Sandie!  And thank you Erica for hosting the swap!
So how are you all handling the winter this year?  This is the first time I think it's ever gone fast for me!  Not only has it been a mild winter but I've just been so busy and having so much fun settling in and shopping more too since living in town.  I *am* still looking forward to spring but it's not like I'm walking through quick sand like most winters!

The hubs has to work on Valentines day so we went out for breakfast yesterday and then went junking.  I can't wait till garage sale season now that we'll be living in town!  Bobby shops longer than I do but I'm hoping I can encourage him to hurry more this year- so we don't lose the good deals!♥
Thanks for coming by and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you all!

28 comments:

Sandy said...

Holly,
WOW! Love that Kromex piece!!! It will be perfect for the top of your hutch!

Simply Shelley said...

Love those finds Holly...I remember the tumblers too :) Blessings

Primitive Stars said...

Such great vintage goodies, I also remember the Tupperware glasses and pitcher.....Blessings Francine.

Mary Redo said...

Loving your new Pyrex and the incredible gifts you got from Sandie - what a happy day for you!

Hugs ~ Mary

Shelia said...

Hi Holly! Oh, what wonderful finds. I love that cute red ice bucket. I've never seen anything like that before. My mother had those same tupperware glasses! Many a glass of sweet tea I had in those! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Shirley Hatfield said...

Some of the tupperware glasses had lids to go on them. My parents would sneak us into the drive-in. Then Mom would get out the Tupperware pitcher of Koolaid and fill our cups....lol! Then she would get cross because the little ones had to keep going to the restroom. Fun times!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Great finds Holly! That's the correct color of the Flamingo Pyrex cake pan. I can't tell from the pic but it looks like it's shiny...so no dishwasher damage! Such a good price on that!
Love what you received from Sandie. So many great supplies!
Thank you for being a part of the swap. :)
Erica

Jane said...

What lovely Valentine goodies you received from your swap partner! Cute thrifty finds too! Sounds like you're getting adjusted to town living.

The flamingos at our zoo here are that salmon color. They say the color depends on what they eat, in this case shrimp! Wouldn't that be funny if our skin turned the color of what we ate? Hmmm, maybe not - since I love spinach!

Oh,I have a pastel blue crocheted potholder I'd be happy to send you, Holly, if you still want some blue for your valence. Just send me your address & I'll mail it to you. It has a little pink flower. Would be nice for it to find a good home - I'm busily downsizing here.

Cottage Dreaming and Flea Market Wishes said...

super cute goodies...I am jealous! Those are the colors I want my next kitchen to be...something bright and happy :)

Kim K. said...

What fantastic finds. Sandy did such a lovely job on your swap. So many pretty treasures.

Perfectly Printed said...

What great finds! I have a pyrex dish just the same....and it does look more salmon colored than pink! Love your Valentine Candy Box...just lovley!

chris

VintageBettys said...

Oh ...I love that kromex ice bucket or whatever it is ...it is so pretty and bright :) and Sandy sent you some really sweet stuff!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness, my childhood just flashed in front of my eyes when I saw those Tupperware tumblers and that pitcher!!! I have to spend my Valentine's day at the doctor's. Bummer! Have a wonderful week! Love, Twyla

vintage grey said...

Some sweet finds!! Happy Valentine's Day!! xo Heather

Elizabeth Andrus said...

Hi Holly! I sure do remember those tumblers and drink container. Love vintage Tupperware. What is junking? It sounds fun, especially if your husband will do it with you! Happy Valentine's Day! E

Diane Mars said...

I love your new treasures, the ice bucket is darling the flowers are so retro! I do remember the tupperware... I use the small tumblers at our place for the grands. The ones with the sippy tops. Happy Valentines Day! Hugs, Diane

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine said...

What great thrift finds! Your Goodwill must be lots better than ours. I never find anything as great as that ice bucket!

I do remember those Tupperware glasses. My mom had them when I was a kid. I remember running in the house one hot summer day looking for a cold drink. When I opened the fridge, I found one of those glasses. When I took the lid off I was very surprised to find just what I wanted - cold lemonade! Boy was I surprised when I turned the glass up and slurped down... an eggwhite! It all went down before I could stop it. Yuck!

Thanks for reminding me of the funny mishap Holly. And Happy Valentine's Day!

ThrifterSisters said...

That ice bucket definitely looks like it will fit in perfect with the rest of your cutie pie decor!

Happy Valentines Day, Holly!

Erica

Rebecca said...

Wonderful goodies my sweet friend. Kromex?? Wowzers!

YOU MAKE ME SMILE!

xoRebecca

Jacqueline said...

Happy Valentines Day from...
Your one and only Molly.
Hugs and xxx

✿Carol✿ said...

That ice bucket is making my Spring Fever flare up! It's so mild here that I've been planning out how I want to decorate my porches for Spring and Summer. Yes, I'm that kind of dork!
I hope you get to go junking more this year. You've got a great eye for the cute stuff!

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...just look at all your treasures. Thrifting is so much fun! I love your pretty package of red trims...Just perfect for adding cheery touches to your home!
Happy Valentine's Day, Holly.
Carolynn xoxo

Jacqueline said...

Came back from another dose of cute!
Thank you very much!

{oc cottage} said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that pyrex! what a find!!! and the tupperware brings back so many memories!!! ;}

m ^..^

Denise said...

Thank you for stopping by to get back to me.I'm not sure if I have ever participated in one of your swaps.I do know I've been following you a long time though and I love thrifting too. I've never found Tupperware,that I'm sure of-wonderful find-Denise

Patti said...

Wow - so much cuteness. I just love the Kromex ice bucket - what a wonderful find!

ImagiMeri said...

How fun....Sandy and I found a bunch of really vintage Tupperware at a local Goodwill, but we both passed on it. I just don't have anywhere to store any more stuff in my kitchen, and neither does she. I do remember those tumblers and that they had the option of "sippy" tops for them, too.

Hugs,
Meri

Helen Philipps said...

I love all your amazing finds and gorgeous swap gifts! I remember those tupperware tumblers too!
Wishing you a happy weekend.
Helen x