Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sailing Season Has Begun!

Garage sailing that is!  Sale-ing isn't correct either so don't laugh!  When Bobby got home from work Saturday morning, we took to the road in our matching feed mill coats and hit a few sales!  Yellow Snowflake Pyrex for $1.00!  I'm having so much fun finding Pyrex for display, resale and trading!
Adorable pink cutter quilt for $2.00!
See, it's already been cut on.  Now that I know how to sew with fabric glue, I have all sorts of plans!
I also bought a little hobnail lamp for $5.00- the biggest buy of the morning!  I had one of these years ago but I let one of my sons take it when he left home.

I also bought a box of baby food jars and a shelf for the craft room and a couple of lamp shades for recovering. It was a good first sailing day and it's something the hubs and I can enjoy together.  (He would spend a LOT longer at each sale, though!)

I hope you all have a great week!  I love blogging with you!

18 comments:

Marilyn said...

my husband finally got into G- saling when he retired. Now he finds stuff when I don''t find anything. What kind of things does your husband look for?

ImagiMeri said...

How fun, and that quilt is wondrous. My hubby and I love to hit antique stores and some garage sales, I love just spending time with him......ahhh, I'm so sappy!

Hugs,
Meri

Mary Clark said...

I haven't been saling at all this year yet, and I simply must get out there, there are things I need!!! Love your new Pyrex, you'll soon have a large collection.

Sandy McClay said...

WOW! I have a hobnail lamp that was mine when I was a girl....I use it as a night light in my bathroom...it is taller than yours but almost the same design....I just treasure ti! That cutter quilt has some real possibilities! :)

GardenofDaisies said...

Sounds like you found all the best goodies! I love the milkglass lamp!

Primitive Stars said...

Oh I adore your cute pink quilt, love it and I have two of the same lamps, love them....Blessings Francine.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, it's going to be fun seeing all the great things you find sale-ing! I used to have a set of those hobnail lamps but I moved so many times they got broke:( Have a happy day! Twyla

vintage grey said...

Oh, such sweetness you found! Love that lamp!! xo Heather

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Looks like sailing went great!!! I love finding cutter quilts..At great prices!

Carol

Perfectly Printed said...

What fun you had sailing around your neighborhood! And with great results!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Yippee for garage sale season! Love your hobnail lamp and sweet little quilt.

✿Carol✿ said...

When we go on vacation, hubby and I do alot of garage saling together, and we have so much fun, even though we look for totally different things! That quilt is just gorgeous, and I can't wait to see what you're going to do with it!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh wow, what great finds!!! :) Love that pretty quilt! xo Holly

Jann Olson said...

Holly, love your finds! I recently found a little hobnail lamp too. I always write sailing and the computer tells me it's incorrect. Leave it anyway. What does the computer know? lol! Great that hubby enjoys it. Mine just pulls over and lets me have at it, but not his thing.
hugs,
Jann
p.s. still want a garland. Will let you know soon.

donna said...

What great finds. I so wish I could find good garage sales here. It is all about the though. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the quilt you found. The lamp is a true treasure.
Hugs
donna

Patti said...

Ohhhhh - that pink quilt is yummy! I love milkglass, too. My husband is happy to go with me on Saturdays - but, now that we are in the mountains, the yard sales are few and far between - and surprisingly, expensive.

Happy Holiday Girl said...

OH love the start of garage sale season and LOVE that awesome piece of Pyrex you found! I've never seen one like that before and for a buck!!!

Amy said...

What fun! I love pyrex, too. I went to some sales this weekend in Amish Country. My friend also scored some great pyrex.