Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Small Treasures, Craft Supplies And Reality

Hello blog friendies!  Above and below are my latest thrift store finds:  Above is a sweet  vintage Texas Ware (melamine) plate that matches my curtains.  It was 30 cents!  It was in a box with a bunch of cheap paper plate holders and I passed it up twice before I saw it and her twin wink out at me!  It pays to dig!  Below is a yellow speckle Pyrex cake pan that was $2.00!  Sorry I don't give the #s of my pieces.  I hate numbers and they hate me!
Micheal's has a cute new line of buttons that I just love!  They have these flowers in different colors and dotty buttons, too!  These will look so cute in my mini button ball garlands.
For those of you who have been wanting to see my living room- here it is below!  Ha-ha!
TV with movies stacked everywhere, school books, computers, guitars and accessories  climbing gear, dirty dishes, CD players and radios, dogs, cats and lots of dust and dander... It's a man cave but with a cathedral ceiling!  It's quite the contrast to the rest of the cottage- right?  ☺
Too bad this is the first room entered at the cottage but I love my guys and they are so tolerant of my cutie pie obsession that I try not to mess with their space too much. I do  plan to eventually spruce it up a bit so  
stay tuned.

Thank you
*so much* for all the pats on the back concerning my curtains and my dinning room!
My high school Home Economics teacher made fun of me for not being about to cut fabric straight so it was a real test of bravery for me to cut up that sheet!

On Monday, Bobby and I will travel up north to C D Lane for a small leg vein treatment.  Well, it will be about 20 shots in my leg so it's not too small!  Afterward, we'll go treasure hunting at the awesome antique malls up there and go out to eat!  Last time we went, I found my Irmi humpty dumpty lamp so I hope to find something great once again!  I'll let you know what I find!

Thanks for coming by!   

14 comments:

Sandy McClay said...

I just love getting to see your house!!! Cozy, Cozy...I was just at Michael's, guess I am going back....where were the buttons in the store????

I adore flower and spotty dotty buttons!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Holly, what great goodies you find, love the plate.....Cute buttons ay Micheals, sweet.....you are doing a great job decorating your cute cozy home....enjoy seeing what you do, Francine.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such great treasures. As you can tell by my flower button bouquet, I have a thing for buttons. Sounds like I'll be heading back there soon. Have fun treasure hunting next week. You will have earned it after your leg treatment.

Mary Redo said...

I'm in love with that Pyrex!!! I bought a pack of those buttons, too, love them! Hope your treatment goes well and hope you locate The Find of the Century! I know you'll keep us posted! Hugs ~ Mary

ThrifterSisters said...

Great find on that Pyrex cake dish. Those are pretty hard to come by!

Erica

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love your finds and that pink butter dish is adorable! Hate that you have to get a bunch of shots..Ouch, but then you get to thrift, that makes it all worth it!

Carol

vintage grey said...

Love that sweet rose plate!! Have fun treasure hunting! xo Heather

Simply Shelley said...

I always love your thrift finds Holly,and you display them so nice. Your living room looks just fine to me....that's why they are called "living" rooms...so goes for mine anyway :)

I like the curtains you made as well,and your version of the room suits me much better than the previous owners......blessings

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I just love it when you get 'real'! My house certainly is a mess most of the time! I'm just not brave enough to show it! Sorry about your upcoming shots, but hope you and Bobby have fun on the trip and you find some great treasures! Love, Twyla

ImagiMeri said...

Best of luck on your leg treatment sweet lady and if you find anything really good on your shopping trip.......well, you know where to send it.........tee hee.

Hugs,
Meri

chris mckinley said...

I'm with you...it is a give and take....Mr. Math loves anything I do, so I let him handle his man cave anyway he wants! Sending good thoughts for your leg treatment AND for finding lots more great treasures! chris

donna said...

You found some great treasures. I love to see your cottage. Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs
donna

✿Carol✿ said...

Ok, once again, I swear we are twins separated at birth. That's exactly what my hubby's man cave looks like: tons of guitars! And I always make curtains out of sheets and I always cut them crooked and I always don't care! Your curtains are just the perfect touch to your dining room. Hope you find some great treasures after your leg treatment. You deserve it!


Patti said...

I have thought about your sweet curtains so many times. So sweet and airy. I always had a man/kid cave, too. They grow up fast - now I have the whole cottage - but, I miss those days. Oh - love the buttons - I am off to check them out!