Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Monday From My Porch!

Happy Monday, girls!  I hope you all had a great Mother's Day!  I sure did!  I missed my mom terribly and I didn't get to be with all my boys but was able to be with the eldest and youngest.  We  all went out to eat and then went together afterwards to buy a hanging flower basket for the porch (my idea) and my eldest boy gave me a $100.00 gift card for Macys!  Woo-hoo!  One of the best things about the day was having a super long talk with my teen!  I sure have missed him being my little boy but I'm starting to get to know the man.  He sure has some strong opinions- which I think is great.  Maturity is an amazing thing!

So what do you think of my little corner of the porch?  Ya know, it doesn't take much to make things look pretty or cute!  Here's my free wicker coffee table from my daughter in law and my $20.00 Craigslist love seat.  I adore wicker!  They both need a new paint job but that doesn't stop me from using them!  That's a vintage sheet from the Goodwill wrapped around the cushion and the cushion is just an ugly old garage sale find. I turned a discarded Eater basket into a planter for my pansies.  Yeah, the handle is crooked but I don't care!  Do You?  It's still cute!  My long time readers might remember that "blue bird" pillow case turned pillow cover.  It was a Good Will find from when I lived in Virginia.  Boy that seems like a long time ago!

I'd show you the whole porch but I'm not done with it yet.  I do a bit of decorating in one room and then I'm off to another- never finishing anything!    Who cares?  I don't!
Have a great day, girlfriends!  Don't forget that you are awesome!

15 comments:

Shirley Hatfield said...

I don't think sweet chippy wicker needs to be painted...that's part of the charm. I have cushions on my front porch that I recover for every season...that sounds like a lot of work, right? Nah...I wrap the cushions with cute vinyl table cloths...the small round or square ones. It takes five minutes to wrap them and secure them with safety pins. We don't sit on them much...the front porch faces the afternoon sun, but someday when the trees are bigger we will have more shade. That's my "lazy woman" tip for the day...lol!

vintage grey said...

Love your sweet porch and the wicker seat!! The bluebird pillow is so pretty!! Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day!! Have a great week! xo Heather

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You are awesome yourself, Holly, and so is your porch! While I am sitting here in Arkansas digging in the dirt, my package is safely waiting for me back home! Can't wait to see it! It sounds like your Mother's Day was joyful. Have a great day today! Love, Twyla

Jane said...

It's very pretty! Love all the elements you've put together so sweetly.

donna said...

You have the touch. I love your wicker just the way it is. You are doing a great job decorating. So glad you got to spend time with your family.
Hugs
donna

Blessed Serendipity said...

Your wicker is charming and the flowers are the perfect touch. I need to get some flowers to charm up my porch area. Have a great week.

xo Danielle

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

So sweet...could sit here with a glass of sweet tea and enjoy the day. You made it very cute!

Liz said...

What a cozy little spot! I can see curling up reading a great country magazine!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW, that is so nice that your son gave you that gift card!
Your porch looks very inviting! I also love wicker for the porch!
Warmly,
deb

Sentimentally Me said...

HOw sweet of your boys, and yor porch looks darling!

xo P

VintageBettys said...

It sure looks sweet and cozy :) I haven't done anything outside ....I just can't seem to get the energy for that yet! It sure was chilly here today...Where is spring? Oh..Holly I remember that pillow that you were talking about...it sure was cute. What a sweet and thoughtful gift from your son.

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a cozy porch. Wicker is so fantastic and your sheet is a brilliant idea for a quick cushion makeover. Sounds like a perfect Mother's day.

✿Carol✿ said...

I had a feeling that your porch was going to have wicker! And I like that you're taking your time decorating the porch, piecing it together like a puzzle. It's going to scream HOLLY LIVES HERE!!! when you're done with it!

Annesphamily said...

Holly you are a terrific gal! I like how you think and your sweet porch space is darling! Sometime people that have all these glitzy glamourous stuff make me nervous! I like friends who know how to live and make special places with recyclable treasures! So cool.

Julia Klimek said...

Just came by to check out your porch! I love the wicker and the cushion. I'm still working on my porch... Will I finish? I don't know, but that's part of the fun, having projects in the works!

Have a wonderful weekend! Julia (from Happy House and Home)