Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, June 28, 2013

Elf Wanted!

*ELF WANTED!*
Do you have one of those vintage/felt/green/bendable pixie elves? KNEE HUGGERS!  THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE CALLED!  Thanks, Shirley!  
I remember them so well from my childhood and have seen them on so many of your blogs but I have never been able to find one locally- anywhere!  If you have one more than you need, would you like to trade a rag ball garland for one?  I'm still open for trades on other items as well- just leave me a comment.  (Isn't this itty bitty corning ware dish adorable?  10 cents at a rummage sale!)
I finally made it back up to my favorite thrift store near the old farm and picked up all sorts of vintage goodies for me and my future booth for between 25 cents and a dollar!  This blue snowflake Pyrex was $1.00!  I was thrilled!  I can't wait to scrub it up with some oven cleaner.
This is actually a 3 piece canister set from the 60's for a dollar also!
A thick vintage table cloth for a dollar!  You should have seen me trying to contain my  "I can't believe this is only a dollar" excitement over these things!
Here's a close up that shows a hint of pink.  These colors are true and the turquoise is almost teal.  There are quite a few stains on this old beauty but I will try to soak them out.
70's much?   25 cents.  I feel like I saw enough of these colors growing up to last a life time but the younger girls are looking for this stuff so I'll put them in my booth.
I don't recall this yummy color on a silver ware organizer in my wife time so I thought it was really old but then I saw a recyclable stamp on the back.  Oh well.
These 2 goodies were 25 cents a piece, too.  There was even more stuff but I don't want to bore you!

Thank goodness that awful "pay us money" blip from photo bucket is gone!!!  I don't see it come up on any other blogs I go too-have you ?  I do NOT want to pay for my blog!  This is *my* free fun- free, free, free!

Are you enjoying your summer?  I sure am.  Idaho isn't the same without my grands but I'm adjusting.  I love all my blogging girlfriends so much!  Thank you for being here for me.

19 comments:

E said...

Sorry I dont I'd sure trade you if I did ... but they are as cute as bugs ears Love the banner above your kitchen window good luck, Elaine

Primitive Stars said...

Hi, love th wee Corning dish, so cute.....I would trade with you but I don't have that Elf, just the Sitting Elf.....Happy Summer, Francine.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oooh, I love the pretty teal green tablecloth you found. I bet you can soak most, if not all, the stains out. And anything that is left you put under your centerpiece and your guests will never know. :-) I love blue cornflower casserole dishes and have several of them. It's simplicity and color suits me perfectly. My sister has a whole collection of those little elves you are talking about. If she lived near me, I'd go snitch one for you.

Shirley Hatfield said...

How big were you thinking, sweetie? I have a couple of recently acquired knee hugger elves...one red and one green. Sitting, they are about 3 or 4" high. Or are you looking for "elf on the shelf" size? I don't need to trade...they are yours if you wish! =D

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

There are a TON of these for sell on Etsy and ebay. Look up Knee Hugger Elf. You'll have plenty to choose from!

Jill

Protector of Vintage said...

Such lovely finds!! I especially like the tablecloth :)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Cute finds Holly! I just sent my kneehugger elf to Deb, my swap partners in Erica's Christmas in July swap. I'll keep my eye out at yard sales & thrift around here for you. :) Pam

Patti M said...

I thought that all the knee-hugging elves magically left Christmas Eve with Santa to go back to the North Pole to work, work, work until Chrismas season rolls around...you mean that's not true? I'm sure my little elves are not packed up in my Christmas decorations but hanging with Santa right? right? :) I'd be glad to share one with you when he comes back this winter! ....hugs Patti M :)tehe!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! You might trade Deb for an elf! Well, not Deb, but a Garland! All your finds are so spectacular! You are lucky to have snagged them! I DO like that silverware tray. Hope you have a great weekend! Twyla

Patti said...

Love all your loot! What are you going to do with the little elf?

CoriLynn said...

All of these are so awesome! Such great deals!! Amazing!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Hi, Holly, it is always so fun to come see all your pretties! I hope you figure out your dilemma about your garland. I can not offer any great suggestion. :(
Hey, I would be doing a major happy dance if I found all those goodies and at such awesome prices. Good for YOU!!!!
Blessings,
Susie

Stacey Johnson said...

Love the Snowflake Pyrex and the linens! Thanks for visiting the Gluten Free Pastor's Wife :)

Simply Shelley said...

I had a lot of those pixie elf's,but went through all my Christmas stuff last year and got rid of all ,but one or two. I wish I knew then you needed them...I would have boxed then up and sent them your way. I will be looking for you some when I am out and about.
Love what you found at the sale...neat stuff.....blessings sweet friend.

Sentimentally Me said...

oh geesh, I don't have any of those little elf dudes, but if I did, I'd surely send him along to you!

I too am fond of the "omigosh I can't believe this is only a dollar" look, or trying to conceal it * ha!

Great finds, as usual!

xox P

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh my!! What wonderful and beautiful finds!! That was a huge score especially with those prices!! I'm excited for you!! Lol! Last year around Christmas I found a couple of the elves, and would like a couple more...I'll keep an eye out for you too! :) Have a happy new week! {Happy 4th of July!} xo Holly

janice15 said...

Boy what wonderful finds you got I want that table cloth love the colors I love blue cornflower corning ware I have a ton of it I have collected over the years you found some great things for very little.. fun Happy July...with love Janice

Melissa said...

Such great finds! How did you do with your oven cleaner? That one looks like it would require some serious elbow grease too. : )
Love that table cloth!

Fireflies And Bumblebees said...

I love reading your posts! I love your garlands too!


Take care, Happy 4th!!

Shana