Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Finds, Swaps, Swimming and Yo-Yos

Eeeks!  A poodle planter from the GoodWill
and a sugar and creamer in my mom's Alpine Chalet pattern, too!  I had told myself, "Just run in real quick!  Ya never know, you might find some pink Pyrex or some of your mom's dishes!"  I know I gasped out loud when I saw the cream and sugar pieces!! 
Here's Betty the bluebird!  I asked Laura of Vintage Bettys if she'd want to swap  it with me for a button ball garland!  I just love it!
Here she is in my hutch!!
Guess what I'll be doing soon?  I'll miss having my own pool this year but our city pool opens this week and it's only a few blocks away!  I wished I could find some cute towels and a beach bag at the thrifts and my wish came true!  Not all in one trip mind you- but in 3 trips!
Is it weird that I want to show you my new swim suit?  ☺  It's my first one in about 26 years!  It fits great and I feel good in it!  I bought it mail order from One Stop Plus.  it's the first suit I've found that covers up "the girls" completely!
Remember how we liked that jar of balls?  Well here's a jar of yo-yos!  I think I'm going to make a garland out of them!  Am I addicted to garlands?

Thanks for coming by!  You brighten my life so much!

18 comments:

Patti said...

Ohhhh, it was your lucky day! I just love your poodle planter. I've never seen one like that before. How happy that you got the bluebird!!!! Have fun swimming...I am missing my pool, too.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! You have a great Good Will! Your swimsuit is pretty, I think it's wonderful that you swim. Your jar of yo-yo's are pretty. A garland would be great, but you could keep going and make a quilt with them! Have a nice week! Twyla

Patti M said...

Love the swimming suit! It gets harder & harder to find clothes let alone swimsuits that keep the "girls" covered, doesn't it? Here in Florida its bikinis everywhere!
I'm a yo-yo maniac too! Have you tried the yo-yo makers from Clover? They make different sizes... even ones that make butterflies & flowers. I love them in the jar like that...hmm I have an empty jar in my bedroom...hmm
Have a great evening....hugs Patti M :)

CoriLynn said...

How adorable is that poodle planter?? Great buys!! So exciting when things work out like that!! And cute swimsuit! Yay!!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

Diane Mars said...

Well it's a good think you stopped in at the Goodwill! You did manage to score some treasures. Love the "New" Suit I have been trying to find a new one .. I am still on the hunt! oxox, Diane

Melissa said...

Sometimes it is weird how we run in and don't expect much, but come out with gold. It must be some kind of thrifting mojo or something.
Love the planter, so cute!
And good for you and your new swimsuit! It is an amazing feeling to feel good in one. Good for you!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, I love the poodle planet and the cream and sugar ....Ya just never know, that's why we "run in" often. I love yo yo's, I found a whole bag of vintage ones and want to use them somewhere????

Carol

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Hi Holly!
Well, Laura is so great with paper clay, of course a bluebird of hers was sure to be perfectly cute!
Love the swimsuit!
Erica :)

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Oh WOW!!!!! A treasure trove of BLUE Vintage BEAUTIES : ) It is awesome when you go in and you just find so many cool things...a great surprise and you rocked this visit my friend!!!! I promise not to be a stranger : ) I have been working 16 hour days and going a little bonkers lol!!!!! sending you tons of hugs and see you again soon soon soon!!!!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Love the new bathing suit and how nice that those thrifting treasures were just waiting for you. Such a sweet blue bird too. What fun!

RetroGran said...

Betty the bluebird is so darling! Love, love, love her! And the poodle planter!

ThrifterSisters said...

So excited for you for finding that sugar & creamer set! You must have been giddy:-)

Cute swimsuit. Looks kind of retro which I love.

Happy Summer!

Erica

vivian said...

Holly, I just have to tell you, you are just so darn cute! I always enjoy visiting here.
Im hoping for a beach day this sunday if the weather cooperates! Ive lost 30 pounds so last years suit should fit better! I hope it fits!!
great finds.. as usual and LOVE the bluebird!
happy wednesday
xoxo

Perfectly Printed said...

Love the poodle planter!! What a great find! Have fun at the pool!!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What great finds! Love the little blue bird she swapped with you! Too cute! Like the color of your new swim suit too! Happy Wednesday! xo Holly

Shirley Hatfield said...

My suit is at our Vegas place...but it probably doesn't fit anymore...lol! I am working at losing some of the weight I put on the last couple of years so maybe I will be able to wear it again. I loathe bathing suit shopping...who doesn't? BTW...watch for the mailman, cute Holly!

Simply Shelley said...

Such a fun post today Holly. I love all your neat finds. Have fun at the pool...you are going to be adorable in that swimsuit.....blessings sweet friend

vintage grey said...

Darling poodle planter and love the sweet bluebird Laura made!!! xo Heather