Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Sunday, June 30, 2013

From Bar Stool To Toadstool- a Before and After Tale

*From Bar Stool To Toadstool- A Before and After Tale!*  
(I thought the title was so clever that I had to say it twice!)

I simply could not let the ugly BEFORE pic be the opening pic for my blog so I started with the AFTER!
While out garage sailing last week, my hubs had 3 UGLY bar stools paid for and in the back of the truck before I could blink!  I almost cried!  The cruddy, brown corduroy cushion brought back all sorts of horrible early 80's memories!  Ugh!
I thought maybe things could be better UNDER the cushion but NO!  NO!  No!
These are so NOT me!  So NOT Cutie Pie Cottage!
  "Couldn't you paint them?"  The hubs asked.  I thought, yeah, along with the 30 other things I'm supposed to paint some day!  Ha-ha!  My wheels started turning though and I thought I could at least COVER the bar stools and then I could live with those BLACK legs.
I finally cut into my 2 dollar cutter quilt and thought that would make a cute cover but it turned out to be too bulky.
But this dotty fabric was just the ticket!  I just cut out a big square which turned out to be too small and then cut out another square that was juuuuust right and stretched it over the offending brown corduroy and tucked it under its disgusting, old elastic!  Wa-la!  A cute little toadstool with a very Mary Englebrightish look about it!  You think?!  It fits in perfectly with the dots on my hutch.

I just love a quick make over- don't you?

Speaking of make overs- I cut all my hair off!  Pics to come soon.

I'm linking this post up to the Cottage Market for the upcycled party!

19 comments:

milow said...

Very cute chairs

Mom Wald said...

Oh the horror of it all! How could he do that? YOU are fabulous, and so are your polka dots. I started scrolling down through all the stuff I have been missing, and almost had a heart attack when I got to your latest canisters. They are divine!

Shelia said...

Yes, I love it! The polka dots look great on your stools! You are the most clever with the title too! ;) Now I've been out of town and trying to catch up a bit and saw your last post with the treasures you found! I love the Pyrex and that table cloth is so sweet.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Patti said...

Oh, you are brave to cut your hair! Mine is nearly to my waist and always in a braid! Cute dotty redo! I can't wait to see your new hair do!

vivian said...

cute stool Holly! Great minds think a like! such a coincidence that I too covered a bar stool today! Only I mod podged a POLKADOT cover on mine! too funny!
If I think of it I'll take a pic to post this week some time.
have a great week
xoxo
vivian

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Were you at my garage sale? I think that was my 80's stool lol! Love the toadstool!

Carol

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love the new redo for your stool! Too cute! :) Have a great new week!! xo Holly

Roselle said...

Adorable and I can't wait to see your hair :)
Roselle

CoriLynn said...

Can't husbands just drive us crazy at times? ;) You did a wonderful job with these!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

GardenOfDaisies said...

Toadstool! I love it! Short hair is so nice in the summer! I bet you'll love it!

vintage grey said...

So, so cute!! Oh, I am sure you look beautiful!! xo Heather

Melissa said...

Very cute! They are very much more your style now.

Musings from Kim K. said...

So much better than paint...ANYDAY!

Atelier Shabby chic style by ♥ Fantasie di fata ♥ said...

bellissima trasformazione!!!! ciao io sono una nuova amica, Elly :) se ti va passa a trovarmi, baci!!

Elizabeth Andrus said...

Happy Summer Holly! (via the library) I just wanted to pop in to say Hello! Your summer flowers and porch are so inviting. Your kitchen is dreamy. Love your valance!
Have missed your posts so much!
Blessings always, E

Protector of Vintage said...

The stools look so cute!! Can't wait to see your new hairstyle!

✿Carol✿ said...

Love your "toadstools" Holly! And I didn't read the comments, but let me know if you found someone that will send you a kneehugger. If not, I've got one with your name on it!

retrorevival.biz said...

This turned out so sweet! Wishing you a wonderful 4th of July:)

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

This is soooooo cute and soooooo you!!!! TFS...sending tons of hugs...how are my furry friends doing?