Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, June 14, 2013

Help!


I continue to experiment with my giant ball garland and dinning room.  These two pics were taken a few months apart at different stages of my decorating.  The pic above shows the garland strung only to the point where the upper shelf ends.
 I decided I would try extending the garland so I made up another section and hung it.  Ever try making something level on  a cathedral ceiling wall?  Confusing!

I don't think there's enough space to make another section of garland that would be the same length as the others- bringing it all the way to to the window wall.
*SO*
#1
Should I take down the extra length and forget about extending it?
#2
Should I shorten each length to make a third one fit?
#3
Could I add a last length of garland that would be shorter than the others and have it look okay?
Are you confused yet?  I know I am!


We need to move the blue desk and bring in a tall ladder to get to the garland above the hutch so I don't *really* want to shorten each length- plus, I like the way it looks now- hanging a bit low. It just looked so empty above my chair that I thought I should extend it...  Decisions, decisions! 
Here's something funny:  
Do you see the teddy bear on the upper shelf?  He's in both of the pics but in the second pic, he's turning away from the camera.  I didn't notice it until I took the pic and downloaded it.  All I can figure is that our crazy cat got up there and did it!  Ha-ha!  I can't believe she hasn't broke anything yet!  She really misses living in the country and we need to find a cat tree for her!

I'm off to the pool again today because my hubs bought me a membership for our anniversary!!!!  Yippee!

Thanks for your kind and honest opinions!

19 comments:

Shirley Hatfield said...

Hi, Cutie! I would stop at the end of the shelf...it pleases my eye more than extending it. Your room looks so bright and colorful...and vintagey!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! I like the way it looks in the second picture because it makes the blue frame look like it's 'included' in the total wall vignette. Have fun at the pool! Twyla

Amy said...

I'd like to see you add it to the remaining length of the wall. It will just be a little bit shorter. I love your hutch. So cute.

Sandy McClay said...

Well...my thought is #1....You can add another element above the chair, like that pretty blue frame...:)

Just my 2 cents worth! LOVE your house! Love the light, bright feeling...:)

Sandy McClay said...

Holly,
lol....I am not quite awake....I agree witth #1....The blue frame is perfect for over the chair just by itself, or a couple of items above it that are not too busy...just my 2 cents worth! :)

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Hi! I like both! Lol...I'm a big help, aren't I!?! I say maybe either end at the shelf or go the whole length of the wall. It all looks so cute and cheery in there! Have a great weekend! xo Holly

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh gosh... I have no idea what would look best. I'm going to sit back and just let the designer bloggers take this question. :-)

ThrifterSisters said...

This is where my OCD comes in.....I would shorten all of the sections, make them even, and extend it all the way across. Sounds like a lot more work but it would drive me crazy if they didn't match:-)

Erica

Mary Clark said...

I'm for adding one more length, shorter - the color it adds will offset the different in length. I hope. But what do I know?!?!

Mary

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, I think maybe shorting it to make room for one more, love the ball garland, so sweet....to funny about the teddy bear, love it....Happy Weekend, Francine.

Melissa said...

Cats are so crazy! Mine have finally gotten to lazy to climb around like that. They would have to get off their cat butts to do that! : )
I would shorten it a but to make room for another. Or do like Erica said. No matter what though, it's super cute!

Patti said...

I think if the garland goes from one end to the other it will tie in the entire wall. I don't really understand the shortening or lengthening part though LOL! I just love your hutch and all your cuties!

chris mckinley said...

I think it should cover the entire wall...even if the next loop is shorter! Can't wait to see what you end up with!

Shelia said...

Hi Holly! I love your little garland and I like it in the second picture how you've continued it over your picture! Love all of color you have here. That's funny about the teddy bear. It amazing me how cats and jump up so high!
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Art and Sand said...

I am here via A Sort of Fairytale.

Love your look.

Love your porch.

Will have to take time later (the dog says it is time for her beach walk and for me to stop blogging) to read more.

Patti M said...

LOL!...bless our little hearts we ladies do have our opinions don't we? :) ask us what we think and BAM there you go! LOL!...from the varied responses everyone has posted it could go either way!so what's a gal to do?...so because you asked...my 2 cents worth...do what YOU like best...what "feels" right?...which way makes you happy, makes you smile when you look at it? do it that way & then it will always be right!...hugs Patti M:)
(psst I know you didn't ask..but..well...I like the lamb on the shelf with the door open best! tehe!)

Lazy Daisy Jones said...

Such a cute and very pretty blog and so nice of you to leave a comment on mine Thank you! re the garland....difficult I would make the loops less loopy and make room for more....??
bestest to you and yours daisy J x

Sentimentally Me said...

I like pic #2 and agree with what Twyla and Lindsey said, but hey, the more the merrier in the garland department, right?? I say, garland all around!

ImagiMeri said...

Personally I think you can make just one more hanging loop, not a whole string, to take it to the end of the wall. Other than that, I think everything is adorable.

Hugs,
Meri