Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Paper Chains!

Hello, girls!  I'm back!  And I survived!  Ha-ha!  Here's part of the giant paper chain that I made with our grand girls.  They made their own smaller ones.  I was inspired to make it through the book Tinkered Treasures  by blogger Elyse Majors!  Do you know about her wonderful eye candy/ crafting book? Click HERE to take a look.
Here I am pick nicking under the playhouse with the 3 oldest grands.  See my vintage Tupperware?
We had a wonderful whirlwind 4 day visit!  I took the 2 oldest to the pool with me one day and we had an exhausting blast!  I went down the water slides and everything!
And now?
It's empty nest time again!  Our 15 year old boy went back with his big brother and will be gone for at least another month!!!  What's really scary about this- is how normal it feels.  Hmmm...
Stay tuned for more projects and crafts!

18 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

I find myself envying your empty nest but then remind myself that I only have a short period of time left with my kids at home! Love the paper chain. I am going to have to check out that book!

~Erica

Elyse said...

what fun! i love crafting outside at the picnic table!

thanks so much for the shout-out!!!

off to look around at more missed posts!

xo
elyse

Beedeebabee said...

What a beautiful family you are! :)
Pretty paper chains too! xo

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Looks like a very pretty paper chain! And a lovely time! Can't wait for more pics! Have a great day! xo Holly

ImagiMeri said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. So glad to know that you are still a big kid at heart and able to play with the youngun's!

Love ya'
Meri

Musings from Kim K. said...

What fun! Looks like a wonderful adventure with your grands. Adorable picture of you.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

What fun you had with your grands! Love the paper chain you made. What is your plan for it?

Blessed Serendipity said...

Who never made these as a kid? I love the paper you used for yours! Cute Holly! It looks like you are having a fun summer.

xo Danielle

Mary Clark said...

Good times, building good memories!!!

GardenOfDaisies said...

So fun! Glad you had a good time with your grandkids! I love paper chains. They remind me of my daughter when she was young, and how she used to make chains to help her remember how many days until something big happened. (like Christmas)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Fun with your grands!
Warmly,
deb

Scrap for Joy said...

Time with Grandchildren always goes by much to fast but it looks like you squeezed in as much fun as possible! Love your picnic !
xoxo
Joyce

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, you and your grands look so cute together! Congrats on having an empty nest for another month! Twyla

Protector of Vintage said...

Very cute paper chain!! Looks like you had a fun time!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like the best time! I know I will never forget good times spent with my grandparents.

CoriLynn said...

My son and I make paper chains before any big trip. He loves cutting one each day until the Big Day! ;) I love how cute they look! What fun!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

vintage grey said...

Sweet paper chain and darling photos!!! xo Heather

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Everyone looks so happy! Glad you all could be together.
Blessings,
Susie