Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Plastic Table Cloth Pendant Banner

I bought a plastic table cloth at the antique mall which had already been cut.  I knew right away what I would do with it!
I think I originally got this idea from Carol at Old Glory Cottage.  I took 3 days to make it- simply cutting them with a hand made template and then stapling the pendants over some jute.  I would have used pinking shears if I had some.  They are on my "dream" find list.
Bobby helped me measure and measure and I thought I had enough pendants to go across the whole length of the back of the garage...
But I didn't because a bunch fell on the floor and I didn't see them until after Bobby hung it up!  Ha-ha!  He was so willing to take it down and let me add them but I was ready to move on!  I'll take a picture of the whole back once the tent is taken down and the stack of tires get moved, the weeds are pulled and the....  

Our boy returns from his 10 day trip tomorrow and he's bringing my trooper son and his family with him!  It's been six months since we've seen them!  Bobby and I are so excited.  We've been cleaning and decorating fools!
We've also had lots of dates and time alone too and it's been a good glimpse of what an empty nest would be like.  (NICE!)

My facebook friends will hear from me but I won't blog until after their 4 day visit is over.  BYE!

21 comments:

milow said...

I love this , it looks great.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Enjoy your visit, Holly! Cute banner! Twyla

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Holly, have a wonderful visit! I think your banner is too cute! Makes me smile!
Blessings,
Susie

Jill said...

That's sweet!!

Have fun!

vintage grey said...

So, so cute!! Have a wonderful time! xo Heather

marie said...

Love the use of the plastic tablecloth. What a great idea for an outdoor banner!

Patti said...

This is adorable! What a wonderful idea!

Perfectly Printed said...

Love your banner!! Enjoy having your family home, it is so fun! Also..... Better late than never I'm mailing your little something I made for our exchange! You should have it Friday!

retrorevival.biz said...

Nice job ~ so festive! Have a wonderful reunion:)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Wonderful job. I've loved this idea since I Carol posted her's. I have a tablecloth just waiting to be cut up.I was thinking of putting it on the girls treehouse.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Very cute banner! Enjoy your special family time together, 6 months is a long time!

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, sweet banner, really looks great.....Have a wonderful visit, how exciting, Francine.

Melissa said...

Super cute! Your house must always feel like a party is about to happen. I love that!

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a cute way to make your back yard more festive! Have a wonderful time visiting with your kids!!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So cute!! Hope you have a lovely time! :) xo Holly

Debbie Kay said...

Holly it looks great. You are so clever.

Debbie

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

fantastic idea to use the plastic tablecloth for the banner, looks great! have a wonderful party!!

Simply Shelley said...

Isn't that cute! Enjoy your family sweet friend....blessings

Shelia Williamson said...

Hi cutie pie Holly! Oh, the banner is darling! I've never thought about using an oilcloth for one. Heck, I've never made any kind at all. I'm so glad your boys are coming home and glad you and hubby have had a fun time too. Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

CoriLynn said...

Have a wonderful visit!! I am in love with your banner! ;)

Beedeebabee said...

How sweet your banner looks across the garage. Such a fun way to pretty up a yard! xo