Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Playing With Pyrex, Flowers and Day Trips

Hello, girls!  I doubt anyone will come by today because of the 4th but I'm in a posting mood!  Maybe you'll all come by tomorrow when you're worn out from the celebrations!  My first pic in this post declares that I like making cute pie displays with my vintage Pyrex.  But I think you already knew that- right?  

My Geranium bloomed red just in time for the 4th!  I bought several Geraniums off the clearance rack but they didn't have any blooms on them.  It was a mystery what they would be!  I chose the right one to put in this colander!
I'm continuing to travel with my boys to watch them rock climb!  We went to Post Falls, Idaho recently.  It was so pretty there and I LOVED it!  See my chair with all my stuff around it?  I have to set up house keeping wherever I go.  
I'm trying to go to the pool every day but my Achilles tendon has been giving me fits!  I tell ya, staying fit after 50 is not easy!  It almost makes me want to give up- but I won't!
Hope you all have/had a happy 4th!

17 comments:

Jane said...

Happy Fourth of July, Holly!
Getting ready to go over to one of our daughters' house. Fun!
xo Jane

ImagiMeri said...

Happy 4th to you, too sweetie. Wow, actual rock climbing! Hope they're careful.

Hugs,
Meri

Melissa said...

Have a great 4th!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Great idea to use your Pyrex as pedestals!
Have a happy 4th Holly!
Erica :)

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love the flowers in the colander! :) Happy 4th of July!! xo Holly

Primitive Stars said...

Happy July. 4Th, love the lowers in the collider, sweet......Enjoy, Francine.

Lutka And Co. said...

Happy 4th of July!

✿Carol✿ said...

I love planting in colanders....perfect drainage for the flowers!

I'm enjoying a very lazy day today, just blog hopping until the fireworks tonight. Can't wait to see pics of your short hair!

Happy 4th to you and your family!
Carol

vintage grey said...

Happy 4th of July Holly!! Pretty flowers and so gorgeous in Post Falls!! Enjoy your day! xo Heather

Blessed Serendipity said...

Hope you have a happy and safe 4th! Are you going rock climbing too?

xo Danielle

chris mckinley said...

Your colander of flowers in lovely!! Great colors!!! Don't you love swimming???

Nan said...

I love the flowers, the geranium with the blue lobelia is stunning. I like what you did with the dotty fabric too very clever. Staying in shape after 50 HA my kids are 50 so what does that make me? 72 tell me about it !! so far I've never letting up on my workouts.I will say I don't do them as hard or intense as I did at 50. I now have a gym in my basement which helps a lot being in Alaska and having a long long winter. We have a treadmill and weights, a large exercise ball, etc all we need really. Take care and hope you have fun this summer. Nan

Jill said...

Flowers in a colander - what a cute idea!!

ThrifterSisters said...

Your pretty colander planter is definitely Pin-Worthy! I'm pinning it now:-)

Erica

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Playing with pyrex...well it doesn't get much better than that does it :)
A very Happy 4th of July weekend to you! Hope you are having a great one and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that colander...it rocks...cottage style :) sending hugs!

{oc cottage} said...

LOVE the pyrex cuteness!!!! ;}

m ^..^

CoriLynn said...

I adore the flowers in the colander!! What a fabulous idea!!!
~xoxo, CoriLynn