Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Solution

Ta da!  Yesterday was deep clean the dinning room day and that included tweaking the giant rag ball garland!
I went ahead and shortened each section and went *almost* all the way to the end of the wall.  Don't ask...
Wow, that slanted ceiling about drove me crazy.  Bobby and I measured, used the level, etc but since the buttons and balls vary in size, you can't get each section exactly the same.  I do not recommend this project if you are a perfectionist with a temperamental back, wrists and Achilles tendon!  Ha!
I'm having so much fun scrubbing and playing house while my son is gone!  I really love him but we needed a break!

Here's a close up of my garage sale colander planter!  No, it doesn't live in the house but I was out of fresh flowers so I needed a centerpiece.  It will go back out on the porch now.

I had to remove my dotty blog back ground.  Boo-hoo! I loved it so but it was causing me bandwidth problems.  Hopefully I can find another suitable one that is problem free.

Thank you all for brightening my life with your friendship!  Each and everyone of you is just perfect!

24 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, sweet little room, just like being in a cottage, great decorating, Francine.

vintage grey said...

All so sweet Holly!! Love that cute high chair! ;) xo Heather

heartfelt living said...

Hi Holly,
I haven't blogged in a while but I just wanted to congratulate you on your new home and it looks like you have been having fun decorating. The dinning room is super cute!
Karen

Mecky said...

The room is so adorable.
That high chair brings back memories!

Patti said...

Ohhhhh, so much cuteness in this room! I love the high hair! It's much like mine, I think! It's a happy room!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Such a cute dining room! Sorry the garland was such a challenge. I think it looks great! Enjoy your empty nest! Love, Twyla

Cottage Dreaming and Flea Market Wishes said...

oh what a cute room! I love the high chair and the cute luggage pieces :)

Shelia Williamson said...

I love what you did with your little garland! Your dining room is adorable and I love the colander looks so sweet with the flowers poked in it.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such a happy space. Such happy place. I always enjoy looking at all your special touches.

harriette said...

Looks super cute! And I bet the planter is just perfect on the porch :)

Diane Mars said...

Your dining room looks so nice I love all your details.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Home Sweet Home!
Warmly,
deb

ThrifterSisters said...

Your dining room has come along so well!

Erica

Blessed Serendipity said...

Holly,
I love your button ball garland as a treatment in your dining room. It's the perfect cute touch to your cottage decor.

xo Danielle

vivian said...

YOu have the cutest little dinning area! Its nice to have the kids out of the house once in a while isnt it? and always nice when they come home again!
have a great weekend
xoxo

Mom Wald said...

I feel the need to hang an asymmetrical garland just to bug you. Just kidding! Yours is fabulous!

Honestly, your blog is lovelier without the extra dots. Your photos and sidebar items really pop now.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Your kitchen is adorable! I love that cute little highchair and the garland!

Carol

LBP said...

Your dining room is almost as cute as you are!!! Love it!

Blessings

Linda

★Carol★ said...

You lost me at "scrubbing"! HA,I hate housework! But I love your colorful cutie pie dining room, and especially the touches of aqua. And if you want polka dots on your blog again, you can Google "polka dot blog background" and I'm sure you'll find lots to choose from. I'd feel naked if I didn't have a background!

Melissa said...

It's all so lovely! And I think the garland looks perfect.
I hear you on just needing a break sometimes. Nothing wrong with that!

CoriLynn said...

So so so cute! Love that highchair, and of course I adore your garland!!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

Beedeebabee said...

What an adorable room!!! I love all your sweet touches everywhere and your garland is just precious! xo

Debbie Kay said...

Holly,

Your dining room is absolutely adorable, the ball garland is sooooo YOU.


Smiles,

Debbie

janice15 said...

I have A high chair like that too..I have two my son took one and rid did it and did such a great job he left the emblem on and all My granddaughter uses is now.. Your dinning room is so cute.. love it thank you for sharing with love Janice