Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Treasures and Trades

While garage sailing recently, I bought a box full of old jars for $7.00!  Some were blue,
and some were clear but cool,
and most of them had cool OLD lids like these!  SCORE!
The spice shaker was a recent Goodwill find.  I forgot it in my cart but had already wrote out a check for my other items.  I told the cashier that I would have to write another check so she GAVE it to me for free!  This will go in my future booth.
Remember when items were 10 cents at garage sales?  Well it still happens if you hit the right sale!  My puppy was scared to death of this old butterfly ball.  Ha-ha!
Here's my latest trade!  A rag ball garland for a Happy hoop from Stacey of Cottage Industry!  I love it!  Stacey makes the cutest cottage decor!  Check out her shop HERE

I'm still up for more trades if anyone is interested in trading vintage goods or crafted items!

The pool doesn't open till 12:00 so I have a bit more time left to CLEAN this house that I love to decorate!  Have a great day!

17 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh I love those old jars, great find! Your hoop is just adorable, great trade!

Primitive Stars said...

Ohhhh, love the old jars with the great lids, you do find such great goodies, Francine.

Mary Clark said...

Great thrifting, and great trade! Re: cleaning, I told someone recently, there are so many things to do besides cleaning ... am I right, or what?!?!

Mary

CoriLynn said...

Great finds!! And that hoop embroidery is adorable! Have fun at the pool!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

vivian said...

great old jars Holly. and a perfect little hoop for your sweet little home! enjoy!
xoxo

Carly said...

Good finds at good sales! Love a good tag sale!
Sweet vintage jars, any ideas for them?
xoxo Carly

Jill said...

Now you need to find the two more shakers that go with your Tupperware set!

Melissa said...

Great trade! And those lids are super neat, I've never seen anything like those before.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, those jar lids are really rare and a great find!!! You are right SCORE!

Carol

vintage grey said...

Great find on those ball jars!! So neat!! Love Stacey's sweet hoop!! Her shoppe is full of pretties!! Have a wonderful day! xo Heather

ThrifterSisters said...

Score on the jars, Holly!! Especially the blue ones. Last year, I bought an old bread box at a sale that was full of those zinc lids. The seller threw them in for free. I was so excited!

Erica

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love the old jars! I try to use them here and there around the house :) What a happy hoop indeed! Great trade! :) xo Holly

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a fun trade! Love your hoop. It will look perfect with your decor. Great find on those jars. They are expensive.

retrorevival.biz said...

Wow, what a find in those Ball jars! Hope you're enjoying the pool and your summer:)

Beedeebabee said...

Great finds Holly! I love old jars. :)...and that little hoop from Stacey is just adorable! xo

Simply Shelley said...

You got a bargain on that box of old jars. Very neat! My kiddos had one of those balls when they were small :) Blessings sweet friend

Simply Shelley said...

I'm back to let you know I received my garland today. What a pick me up it was....thank you,thank you...sweet Holly. I haven't decided where I will hang it yet,but I am thinking my bedroom as I am tying to add more color in there. I will enjoy it for certain....bless you friend