Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Finished Yo Yo Carousel

Ta-da!  I finally finished my yo yo carousel!
I had so much fun making this that I felt a little let down when I was done.
Ha-ha!

You're probably thinking that these pics look just like the last ones but I did change things up!

I decided less was more and took some strands away, alternated their lengths and put space between each yo yo on each strand.

I love it!  Everything would be perfect if I could find a place to hang it where it LOOKED right AND was out of my kitty's reach!  You should have seen Bobby moving the ladder everywhere for me.  He's so sweet.
I might just have to save hanging this carousel in my future booth OR wait for kitty to grow up!

I'm starting to feel sad about summer/pool season ending but I'm also feeling blah from all the heat!  I guess I'm hard to please.  If it could just be in the 80's instead of the 90's!  See what I mean?

My teen comes home in 10 days and I will be back to cooking mounds of food, chauffeuring and tip toeing around male mood swings so I better stop complaining and enjoy my free time while I can!!

Thanks for being my friends.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Your lovely carousel would be perfect hung over a baby's crib. Any new babies in your family?
Linda

Mary Clark said...

I love it, too! So completely cute!!!

Mary

Jane said...

Just so totally CUTE!
xoxo Jane

Simply Shelley said...

So fun...I have some vintage material already cut to make yo-yo's with. I found them at a sale once upon a time. I have been thinking about sewing up enough yo-yo's from them to make a runner for the dresser in my bedroom...you have encouraged me to get started :) Blessings

ThrifterSisters said...

I agree with Linda. What a great mobile idea for a crib!

Bet you are excited to see your boy :-)

Erica

Small City Scenes said...

I was thinking that hanging over a crib idea too. Or maybe in the corner of the living room. Yeahm keep the kitty away.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Idaho is nice but western Wa. is the BEST. LOL MB

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

How cute!! And so fun too! Happy Friday! xx Holly

Jaimey Bates said...

What a good idea!! I love it!!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Now talk about a POP OF COLOR!!!! Wow girl...you rocked this project!!!! sending hugs...