Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Have Yo Yo Will Travel

Here's my yo yo making kit!  I'm so glad Elizabeth gave me this yo yo maker! See the cup cake Twyla made for me?  My kit goes out onto the porch with me or to the pool.  Everything is stored in my vintage travel case.  I'm planning a make over for this case so stay tuned.

I feel quite Pan Amish when I take my case to the pool.  
 
 I took it while waiting for the hubs at the Doctors office the other day and the receptionist came over to investigate.  Turns out she is a quilter and we had a nice little crafty connection.  I wish I would have known how to take it farther as in "want to be crafty friends?"  How do you go about making friends with other women?  I found it so much easier when my children were young.

I had a little girl "make friends" with me at the pool the other day.  It was so sweet!  If only women could be so open and eager- myself included.

I do have one friend here and we're going to try to get together next week but she is so busy that it's always hard to tack down a time.  I am the least busy person I know!  I mean, I stay busy with lots of things but nothing that can't be stopped- ya know?  
Can you tell I'm starting to feel a bit lonely with my boy gone?

11 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

He, he, you do sound a bit lonely. Your travel kit is so neat! I'm glad you enjoy using the cupcake pincushion I made you! It's a one of a kind! The only cupcake I ever crocheted and I sent it to you! Hope you can find someone there to be friends with:) Love, Twyla

chris mckinley said...

What a cute yo-yo kit!!! Love it!!

CoriLynn said...

That little cupcake is adorable! I hear ya on the lonely thing... Just got back from visiting my cousins in Portland, OR. I'm so lonely for them. :(
But I'm so very glad I was able to come home and check in with all my favorite blogger friends, like you!!!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

vivian said...

LOVe the little case. I would have fun redoing it. Ive done two little cases. that Ive shown on my blog before, but would have no idea where to direct you to find them. Maybe later I'll take pics and post them on facebook for you.
happy yo yo making!
xoxo
ps.. maybe there is somewhere to take a quilting class, or painting class.. that would be a good way to meet some crafty gals!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your travel case is the perfect size for your yo yos. My mother gets together with quilting friends at the public library every Friday to work on projects and chat. I wonder if you have something similar in your area?

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such a cute travel case!! Wishing you a lovely day! xo Holly

★Carol★ said...

I hope you make some friends there Holly.....you're SO nice! I think women need at least one good girlfriend, and if you can find one that shares your interests, you're truly blessed! Does your library or park district have any classes that you might like? Sure wish you lived by me. I KNOW we'd be friends!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Such a cute case Holly! Last time we moved it was to a new state, and it is difficult to meet people, other than who you work with. I plan on joining the knitters group at the library (who can teach me, lol) and maybe a book club at the library this winter. I'd be your thrifting girlfriend if we lived closer!

:) Pam

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love your little "Pan Am" case lol! I find I usually have to make the gesture to start friendships, so you aren't alone. I usually gleem onto a place we had talked about, fabric store, antique shop etc and say lets meet there, when would be good for you......So there ya have it, another secret out of The Polka Dot Closet lol!

Carol

Julie said...

I can so relate to the loneliness. I've been living here for almost 2 years, and I've only made one friend. And she's moving soon. I think the older you get, the harder it is to make new friends.
Love the yoyo kit - that little case is so cute.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Check to see if the Community colleges, churches, libraries, fabric stores, etc have any classes or meet ups listed on a bulletin board or on their web site. Or look for opportunities to volunteer at events that would place you in a circle of kindred spirits. If you lived here you could teach me how to make yo-yos and fabric balls. :-)