Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, August 3, 2013

If You're Happy and You Know it!!

I finally found another Happy Apple at the thrifts!  Now I have 2 in my kitchen!  Doesn't he look at home?
It was thermos day at Sally Annes yesterday!  I wasn't sure of the age of the teal one but I bought it anyway!
This card holder was a garage sale find- 25 cents!  Hello!  I've always wanted one of these but don't know if they have a name other than a card holder.  Do you know?
70's time!
I wonder if I'll ever really make this chenille bunny...  Ya think?  I was thrilled to find these Tupperware pudding cups!  My mom had these and I remember eating chocolate pudding out of them with my big brother.    We pretended we were babies and we fed ourselves messily!  Ha-ha!  That's what I love about vintage kitchen wares- all the memories they carry!

I'm working on a new project with my yo yos I've been making since winter.  If it turns out, I'll show you when I'm done!

Thanks for coming by, sweet friends!

16 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, you really found some great stuff! Vintage Tupperware does have lots of memories. Twyla

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Holly, you always find the neatest stuff...ahhh, my Mom too used those same pudding cups, such sweet memories, Blessings Francine.

ThrifterSisters said...

Love the Thermos', Holly! I recently found the same blue one on the far right. The graphics are so pretty.

I really hope you get around to making the chenille bunny. He's so cute!

~Erica

GardenOfDaisies said...

The happy apple does look right at home in your kitchen. :-) Memories... I know that is one of the main reasons I hunt for vintage items. I'm always on the lookout for that one thing my mom or my grandma had.

Protector of Vintage said...

I think you should make that cute bunny!!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Great treasures!! I have the same cannister set!!

Hugs,
Debbie

DianeM said...

Ha ha..great story about the Tupperware...I remember when my younger sister was born my Mom would always get mad at me & my older sister 'cause we used to take the Gerber nurser bottles and suck gingerale out of them...lol...kids are the same everywhere I guess :)
Smiles, DianeM

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Everything's so cute! I especially like your apple theme.
Loving that card holder too. I bet it'd look really sweet spray painted pink to go with all your retro cards.

Helen Philipps said...

Your latest happy apple looks just right there in your kitchen! Love the apple pattern tins too! I too love to see things from my childhood days, they bring back all kinds of forgotten memories. Loved yours of the Tupperware bowls and the chocolate pudding!:)
Helen x

chris mckinley said...

Love your apple collection!! And your thrift finds are pretty darn cute too!! Love the Tupperware!!

Simply Shelley said...

I have memories of my kiddos playing with an Happy Apple,if I ever come across one..I'm grabbing it up :) I love how you are displaying yours...makes me smile,just like that big wide grin of my Raggedy Ann....blessings

Musings from Kim K. said...

Aren't you having fun! You always find the best treasures. It's equally fun hearing the memories that go with them too. Hugs!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I have no idea what that is called, except card holder, lol! It looks great with all your vintage cards on it! I been kicking myself for passing up some really cute thermos at the second hand store. What was I thinking?? Happy Apple is at home for sure.
Blessings,
Susie

vintage grey said...

So cute!! Love your vintage blocks!! Happy creating! xo Heather

CoriLynn said...

Everything you found is fantastic! I feel exactly the same as you about vintage items.. the memories, that is what makes them so special! :)
~xoxo, CoriLynn

Daisy Ethington said...

Lots of very cute goodies you have here!!
Daisy~