Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Projects, Finds and Trades

Hello girls!  I bought this huge frame at a garage sale LAST year.  (My puppy must smell whatever I'm taking a pic of!)

It's my first really large  ornate frame and I finally started painting it white over the last couple days.  I have to go slow because of my wimpy wrists.

2 of the corners are damaged but for only a buck, I bought it anyway!  Carol at the Polka Dot Closet teaches us how to repair corners but for now, I think I'll hang a banner over the top- hiding the corners.  I plan on hanging it on my front porch.

I saw this great shoe idea on a blog recently.  They turned out darker than I wanted and they're blotchy but I'm going to pretend that was the look I was going for.  
I'll show you once they are dry and laced back up

Here's one of my favorite latest finds!  It's a hard hood dominion hair dryer from the 60s!

My hubby has to help me open and close it or I'd show it set up!  I am mechanically challenged!  Ha-ha!  This will go in my future booth.

Look at this adorable wreath that I traded a rag ball garland for!  This wreath was made by  Chris of Perfectly Printed.  Isn't it cute?  I couldn't resit trying one of my yo yos on it!  No surface is safe from yo yos anymore!  Ha-ha!  Thanks for swapping with me Chris!
My boy returned home late last night while I was sleeping!
I can't wait to hear the clanging of his weights in the garage, the guitar amplifier booming throughout the house and his superior opinions on all subjects!


REMEMBER:
Elect a teenager for president while they still know everything!


15 comments:

Linda said...

Love that election slogan. :) Linda

Lorena Wheeler said...

Hey there Miss Holly,
Too cute for sure...here is another idea for your frame...i have made them into wreaths. Could be another way to hide your broken corners..i even tucked a broken plate on mine.
Take care and be blessed,
Lorena

Simply Shelley said...

That wreath is very cute...bet I know where it will be hanging in your home :) Blessings

Laura Adams said...

Hi Holly...I can't wait to see that frame makeover! That wreath is adorable! Chris is very creative :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Great price on the frame! What is a yo-yo maker??!!
You'll make more friends!
Warmly,
deb

ThrifterSisters said...

I can't wait to see how your projects turn out. You always have something going on:-)

~Erica

CoriLynn said...

I died at that Remember!! Too Too True! Hahaha!
I love your hooded dryer! Great find!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

chris mckinley said...

The frame is great!! I added chicken wire to mine. A place to hang tags and cards I like... Of course a larger tag is hanging on the crack in the frame... No one knows it's there but me! So glad your son is home safe and sound!

Karen L. Bates said...

OMGosh, I had a pink hair dryer like that one...we use to walk around with all that attached to us! Ugh. Glad those days are over...way to hot.

I use feather weight patch to fill in the edges of frames but I bet once you paint it white it will look great. Owies are good.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm going to start collecting large frames for our upcoming Halloween party. They make for great photo shoot opportunities. Love the wreath from Chris. Hugs to your teen!

Queenie said...

Loved seeing all of your finds, you are going to have so much fun with a booth (I'd like to one day have a booth too, I think it would be so fun decorating it). Glad that your son is back home...I know you missed him!
P.S. That dotty chandy in the other post is so cute with the polka dot candles...it's you girl! Hope you have a great week!
Big Hugs :)

donna said...

Your frame is going to be so cute. I am just in love with your wreath. Chris did a beautiful job. What a great trade. Love the slogan about president, wish I would of thought of that a few years ago. lol.
Hugs
donna

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I don't know how I missed this post! I will look forward to your frame re do! The wreath is really adorable. Good luck with the teenager! Twyla

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Great trade on the wreath. I had a hair dryer like that when I was a kid, it was that barf yellow lol! That was a great frame find...Yep, it would probably be easier to cover it with a sash. Once you paint it white it won't be a s noticeable anyway!

Carol

Melody Brown said...

Hi Holly! Great find...LOL...I'm with you just cover it over. Great idea about the banner cover-up my cover of choice is flowers or leaves. I do that for outside stuff alllll the time. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and being my friend. Now that we know where we are in Bloglandia, let's not be strangers.