Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fallifying!

I'm having so much fun with fall crafting and "making a scene" on my front porch!  Last year, I was packing to move into a house I ended up NOT buying and it broke my heart.  I had a lot of sorrows last fall but this year is much happier- so far!  Wait- It's actually not even fall YET!  Ha-ha!
I shortened the stem and added leaves to my Lilly Pad pumpkin.
Ta-da!  Here's my frame!  Keep in mind that this is a work in progress which makes this pic- Fallifying The Porch-TAKE 6!
I am sewing up a fabric yo yo runner to put down on the table.
The runner has aqua in it which will tie in with the owl banner.
I was trying to hide the damaged pieces of my frame with the banner but it didn't work.

  I'll probably end up moving the banner to the top instead but it's hot glued to the bottom so I'll have to melt off the glue, move the banner and glue on top and repaint the chipped spots where the glue was on the bottom and I just don't feel like it yet!  Painting dots on pumpkins is much more fun.

I have hung so many different things INSIDE my frame and I'm still not satisfied.  What's  hanging there now was a thrift store thing that I gussied up a bit.  I'd hang a fall wreath there if I had one but I don't so...


Also, my wicker looks so dull compared to the frame that I think it needs a fresh coat of paint!

Stay tuned!

12 comments:

Debbie Booth said...

Adorable! I love it. Love your little vintage sink on your sidebar too. It is amazing.
Blessings,
Debbie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your lily pad pumpkin is so cute! I love those candy corn candles, too! Have a sweet day, Holly! Twyla

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love the idea of using an empty frame to highlight things. Your fall porch vignette looks so inviting.

Melissa said...

That's part of the fun of decorating...changing your mind! Looking good so far!

Laura Adams said...

Seriously I'm in love with that frame :) I think the banner looks fine where it is...maybe you could top the frame with a simple husk made bow. I'm not sure....

The Polka Dot Closet said...

You put me to shame, I have not done any fall decorating! Of course I love the pumpkin with polka dots!

Carol

vivian said...

Isnt if fun to decorate and play Holly? thats a great old frame! Have fun!!
xoxo
vivian

★Carol★ said...

Great job Fallifying the porch! Are you the only one on your block that decorates their porch? I am, and sometimes I wonder what people think of all my junk and lights. I wonder, but I don't care, because it's FUN!

Simply Shelley said...

You Fallify in such a very cute way....love what you have done...blessings

retrorevival.biz said...

Oooh, I love your white frame and how you placed the foliage in it. So sweet:)

donna said...

That is just adorable. I wish I could hang more stuff outside. We live in the country and I feel like all I do is clean up bugs and now we have the little frogs again UGHHH!
Hugs
donna

Carolyn Sullivan said...

you have a lotof vintage items! awesome