Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Kitchen Pics

My guys hung up my paper chain for me!  I started on my chain with my grand girls when they were here to visit.

Getting distance pics in my kitchen is hard!  I might hang the rest of the chain on the other wall if I decide I like this.
Here's the shoes I dyed.  I made a mistake of not using a large enough container.  That made a color crease on the toe but that's okay.  I doubt anyone notices when I'm wearing them and if they do- they are WAY too nosy!  
My Bobby teased me the other day.  He told me to go look at the bird bath he made and to take a pic of it for my "website".  

He's took the garbage can away and replaced it with a stump.  It looks... somewhat better now.  

We have out of town company.  We spent all day sight seeing yesterday.  This morning, I was exhausted.  That's enough adventuring for me!  Bobby left with them again this morning at 8:30 for another even fuller day.  It's now 2:00 and he just called to say they are now on their way to Spokane which is 2? hours away.  I asked what they were going to do there and he said he didn't know.  I'm so glad I stayed home!  Does that sound rude to you?  I can't help it.  I have to be me and me don't like to go anywhere 2 days in a row and talk non stop while doing it!  Just give me a quiet little corner and my crafts and I'm happy.  Throw in some chocolate and we have a deal!

16 comments:

Stacey Remiker said...

your kitchen looks so sweet with all the cute vintage goodies and i love the paper chain! i think your shoes turned out perfect...great idea to dye them!

ThrifterSisters said...

I'm with you, Holly. I can be quite the social butterfly, but not every day. I really love it when my husband and/or kids are out of town. The peace and quiet (not to mention a clean house) are the best!

~Erica

Laura Adams said...

I love the paperchain!!! ....it is so sweet that the grandchildren helped make them. Your sneakers also turned out pretty darn good.

Laura

Perfectly Printed said...

Your kitchen is darling!! How fun to have something that your grands helped you make!! I'm with you...I am quite happy to stay at home and putz!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Love the color of your shoes! Your kitchen is so adorable! The paper chain is so pretty. Enjoy your alone time! Twyla

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a special paperchain. Great job on the sneakers too. Having company is a lot of work. Glad you had some time to yourself!!

Melissa said...

I'm with you! I'm happy to be out and about and chit chat for a day, but too much of that and I get all cranky. Not everyone is down for the chit chat, nothing wrong with that!

ImagiMeri said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun, and no it's not bad to want to be alone......I'm craving some alone time right now, but I just have way too many obligations.

Hugs,
Meri

Simply Shelley said...

Great job on your shoes..very pretty. Love the paper chain as well. I do believe you have the cutest kitchen I have ever seen :) You know Jackie.. from Once upon a Fairyland...she lives in Wa. too...Bellingham...you girls may not be too far from one another. Blessings

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

The paperchain is very cute! And so are those great blue shoes!
I bet you'll get lots of compliments on them!
Erica :)

Jann Olson said...

Cute, cute Holly! You are making your new place just as cozy as your last. Nothing rude at all. I think people need to be who they are like you say. Me, I can gallivant for days on end. My hubby is more like you and needs his quiet time. Good thing we are not all alike.
hugs,
Jann

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Cute sneakers! I love the quiet solitude of being home alone, especially after a "chat fest" day with others. Your poor hubby's ears probably hurt from listening, lol. :)

Mary Clark said...

I'm with you, I couldn't go out two days in a row with a ton of talking. In fact, I couldn't cope with people staying in my house, I would have to crawl under my bed and not come out til they left! Isn't that awful, but honestly I just couldn't cope with it, so I think you're doing great! Love your paper chain in the kitchen, love all the color and happiness in there!

Mary

harriette said...

Chains, banners, garland oh my! :)
Looove all your vintage fun in the kitchen!! xo

vintage grey said...

Such a pretty kitchen and love your chain!! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Holly! Your kitchen is just so adorable and that chain looks so cute! I think you did a great job on those sneakers. I love that pretty blue color....I'm like you. One day of non stop chatter and site seeing is enough for me. Two days would have done me in for sure! xo