Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, October 7, 2013

Fun Birthday Treasure Hunting!

Hello friends!
As most of you know, Bobby took me antiquing for my birthday!
We went to 3 stores I'd never been to before.
This sweet pink Gooseberry Pyrex pan was in a way over priced MANtique store.
It was waaaay in the back but only $5.00!  Yay!
It's my first gooseberry!
Another travel case for putting fabric in!
My mom had one very similar and I loved playing with it when I was little.
 It has a mirror inside but I couldn't get a good pic of it.
If I ever travel again, I'll take it with!
I also bought several inexpensive smalls including this adorable card!
It's like a little book and I just had to show it all to you!
Love the "big as a house" reflection!  ☺
"Wonder if it's habit forming!"  Ha-ha!
So cute!  Now if I can only find a way to really display it/use it/ enjoy it ALL the time!
Here's some of the other smalls.
The birthday candle box will live in my hutch and I loved the blue and red on the cards.

  The ash tray below reminds me so much of my mom!
She loved green glass,was a heavy smoker and died in her early 50s.
 I hate what smoking did to her but this ash tray was small and it called out to me.
Maybe I've finally accepted my mom for who she was- every part of her-
even the part that couldn't quit smoking.
I loved this adorable, little aluminum pan!
The tumblers are on my wish list but they must be a reasonable price!
Not $4.00 a piece like I've been seeing!
Tiny little child's plate will live somewhere in my hutch, too!

My DIL gave me this thrifted dotty planter!  One side can be for Christmas
and the other side can be for year round!
I love how she left the price tags on.  
She knew I'd appreciate what a good deal she got!  

My eldest boy gave me a **movie theater card** for my birthday!
There's a bunch of movies coming out this fall that I want to see so I'm excited to use it!  My eldest also brought dinner over and bought a cake!  (I HINTED a lot!)  Ha-ha!

My youngest boy wanted to give me $50.00 for my birthday!  
I was shocked!  
He's working part time now but I told him I didn't want him to spend that much on me since he's not working full time.  
He said, "Fine, $40.00 then."  

I think I'm going to buy clothes.  Crisp NEW ones- not thrifted!

All in all it was a wonderful birthday.  
The day after I felt exhausted and depressed to return to regular life.  
Does that ever happen to you?

On The Crafting Front:
All fall crafting came to a halt as I received a custom rag ball garland order for Jann!  I'll show it to you once she gets it.
Now that I'm done it's back to painting a cornucopia!
I think it's going to look really cute.

Have a great week, everyone!


I'm linking up to Rednesday at Brown Gingham creations!

28 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

I can't believe that is your very first piece of Gooseberry, Holly! It seems so YOU :-) Sounds like you had a great day. Don't you wish birthday celebrations could last just a little longer than one day?

Enjoy your week & all your goodies!

Erica

★Carol★ said...

That "Expecting" card is a real hoot! I'll keep an eye out for a set of those aluminum tumblers. I seem to be a magnet for them, I've found so many and sold them on Ebay. The next set is yours!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Hi Holly, I love all your new finds! I finally just posted, as you saw, but I wanted to tell you that I noticed you and a couple other people had left me a comment a little while back that I never did see before. Thank you so much for visiting. I'm sorry I didn't write back, I just didn't see it. It's so nice to know you were thinking of me!
Hugs,
Julie

vintage grey said...

Love the Pyrex! I have the mixing bowl with that pattern in pink from my great grandmother!! Have a sweet week! xo Heather

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

You found so many great treasures! I love the Gooseberry pyrex. I have one piece of Gooseberry. It's so pretty. I have the same Humpty Dumpty Irmi lamp (from your sidebar) on my sewing table!!! Yay! Thanks for visiting my blog. Love your blog! xo Erin

Linda said...

Great finds! I need to look out for a pregnancy card for each of my two nieces who are expecting boys in December. They just don't seem to make cards like they used . Have a fun week! Belated Happy Birthday! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

Mary Clark said...

Score on your Pyrex! And the card is so delightful, I loved reading each part/month. Your boys really came through for you, enjoy your movies and your new clothes. And yes, I think once any exciting event is over, there's a big let-down feeling. I have it the worst after Christmas, I've tried taking Christmas over into January but it just really doesn't want to go with me so there's no joy in a recalcitrant Christmas :)

Hugs ~ Mary

Jill said...

The old cards are so much better than what are available now, you found some sweet ones!!

Enjoy your Gooseberry!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a perfect Birthday! What great gifts...I love the expecting card so cute! Take your theater card and see "Gravity" it is great!

Carol

harriette said...

What a great day Holly!! What fun finds :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! That's one of my favorite patterns of Pyrex. You are very lucky to have found it at a thrift store! I'm so glad you had such a nice birthday! Love, Twyla

Blessed Serendipity said...

Happy belated birthday Holly. I love your gooseberry pyrex you found. Happy new week.

xo Danielle

retrorevival.biz said...

Well happy birthday, lady! Sounds like you found the most perfect way to celebrate! Love all of your gifts, especially the vintage train case:)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday. I love all your new finds and the memories of your mother.

Simply Shelley said...

Great brithday finds.....sounds like it was a fun day for you. Every time I am out and about for a day...the next day finds me dragging my feet...with added pain...always! Blessings sweet friend

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such wonderful birthday treasure!!! Love the pretty Pyrex and such a cute card!! Hope you have a lovely week! xo Holly

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

That book is precious. Happy birthday.

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

I love thrifting on my birthday - that's what I get too!

Great you got some nice stuff: that Gooseberry is perfect & that card is absolutely awesome. My friend just had a baby, wish I had it to show it to her, lol. With a card that great, I'd have to keep it for myself.

Shelia said...

Hi Holly! Oh, I love that Gooseberry pink and I have some. Love it. The little pregnant book is so cute too.
I would have loved to have tagged along with you. Thanks for your prayers, sweet friend,
Shelia ;)

LV said...

What a fun way to spend your birthday. Not many men would ever think of doing this. You were blessed in many ways. Age is just a number. Enjoy each day to the fullest.

Melody Brown said...

Happy Rednesday Holly!
Happy B'day too!
Love all your gifts! E-mail me your cell phone number and I can send a pic of Aluminum Tumbler's you're lookin for...I collect hand-wrought aluminum and have a set with pitcher....when I go to the Oh Valley Antique Mall I can send you a text with the pic and see if you want em.
brownginghamcreations@fuse.net

CoriLynn said...

What wonderful finds and fabulous gifts! Love that little expecting card! $40! Don't kids surprise us sometimes? ;) especially boys! Lots of hugs!!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

Laura Adams said...

Happy Belated birthday Holly!
I am glad you had a wonderful birthday. You always find the cutest stuff. I've been away from my computer pretty muchlately...because my back has been bothering me off an on... but it sure is a joy to when I play catch up and see what everyone else has been up to ...I can't wait to see the rag ball garlard that you made....
((HUGS))

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

LOVE the Pyrex!!!!!!! and what a wonderful son! : ) Sending hugs and love!

Mom Wald said...

Ooooh, what a fun birthday. Yay for YOU!

I am probably not coming up in your reader, because I changed my blog name again. I know, I know, but it's just the way I want it now. Mary Wald's VINTAGE Place at http://marywaldsvintageplace.blogspot.com/

Jann Olson said...

Hi Holly,
hope you had a wonderful birthday! Looks like you did. I have a bit of Gooseberry, love it! The card and child's plate are both so fun. Can't wait to see my darling garland!
hugs,
Jann

Marianne said...

Holly, what great finds! I love the book/card and its illustrations - so precious, and it brings back fond memories of the 50s.

Enjoy a wonderful day,

Marianne

Protector of Vintage said...

Love the cute card and pretty Pyrex. Sounds like you had a lovely birthday!