Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Harebrained And Happy!

Warning!  If you don't like crazy cool home decor, crafts, supplies and vintage furniture- stop now!  ☺  
I had a girl's day out with my long time friend Becca! We went to  Harebrained And Happy in the tiny town of Potlatch Idaho which is owned by Becca's friend Ashley.
This store is awesome!  I adored these tri fold doors so much that I took lots of pics of them!  I want something similar on my deck.
This store is incredible and it was all dressed for Christmas!  I felt giddy!
Every time I walked around it, I saw something new and delightful!
Harebrained And Happy is filled to the brim with unique and handcrafted home decor.  I was only able to purchase one small item and it took me the longest to decide which one!  I bought a pretty heart ornament that I'll show another time.
There are vintage pieces of furniture to see at every turn!
Several different styles of decor are represented in the store so there's something for everyone!
There was also clothing, jewelry, soaps, teas, oils, jellies, coffees and all manner of pretties to see!
I took several pics of this stove in front of the window- trying to capture it better.  It made me miss my old stove in Virginia.
So many clever artists are represented in the store!
Look at the fabric counter below!  That's an old door on the counter front!  So clever!
Here's a close up of the knobs!

I loved this little set of drawers below.  Um, well, I loved just about everything in the store!
Ashley creates the most beautiful and unique displays.
The purple area beyond the tree is the couch area where you can drink your coffee, use the wifi or craft like Becca and I did!  Becca brought her cross stitch and I brought my yo yo kit.  I felt like such a girl!  There was also a play area with toys where Ashley's little toddler played or where other children can play.
I didn't realize the coffee menu was a door until AFTER I ordered my coffee!  I'm telling you, this store was a treasure trove of discovery!
Here's the fabric area with Ashley and Becca.  Becca was purchasing fabric for a quilted Christmas tree skirt.  Look at the wringer washer with fabric scraps in it for sale!  Eeeks! And look at the old yellow hutch.  LOVE!  Loved it all!
After we left Harebrained and Happy, we went to Hatter's Creek antiques in the same town and I bought a little vase which I'll show also another time. Becca and I also swung by her new house which I hadn't seen yet.  I felt very thankful for a girl's day and came back home to my all boy world feeling refreshed and tired at the same time!  I slept well last night!

Thanks for coming by and I hope I was able to show at least a glimpse of the joy I felt at visiting such a store!

16 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Wow!!!! That was so much fun, thanks, Francine.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I could live there! You are right, great displays and the trifold hinged doors are such a great idea!!

Carol

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So much to see and very delightful to look at!! Thanks for sharing!! :) Happy Sunday! xo Holly

Mary @ Ms. Redo said...

Oh Holly, I would still be there trying to decide what to buy! What a delightful place, love the colors and the Christmas. Can't wait to see the two items you bought. Lucky you had a fantastic girls' dayout!!!

Mary

P.S. Have we discussed the fact that you once lived in VA? Where I am. You know, where we could have hung out together if you hadn't moved to Idaho :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Glad you got to spend some girl-time with your friend. That shop looks like a really fun, creative and inspirational place to visit!

vivian said...

looks like a fun place to shop.. or just to visit! chuck full of sweet stuff! a perfect place for any of us bloggy girls to go!
have a great week Holly
xoxo
vivian

Shirley Hatfield said...

We all need a girls-day-out now and again! Thanks for letting us tag along...it was a lot of fun shopping with you! You are such a cutie! =D

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Nothing like a girls day! Looks like you had great fun and had so much eye candy to see. Loved how they used all the doors, so creative.
So, where did you live in Virginia?

donna said...

I am so glad you got some girl time in and had some fun. That store looks awesome. I would not be able to have self control.
Hugs
donna

Musings from Kim K. said...

Looks like the perfect girls-day-out! I spy many things in that lovely store that would like to come visit my house. Thanks for letting shop with you!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, that was definitely MY kind of place! I would have loved it all! Glad you had a day out with a girl friend! I got to meet Gayle, from Garden of Daisies, Saturday. She was the first blogger I ever met. It was fun! Have a great week! Twyla

Scrap for Joy said...

I can understand why it would be hard to make a decision at Harebrained.....so many lovelies to see! There is nothing like a Girl's Day Out to refresh the soul!
I'm thinking about putting all of the fall stuff away before we go away for Thanksgiving so I can start right in on Christmas decorating when we get back.
Hope you have a fun, crafting week!
xoxo
Joyce

Perfectly Printed said...

What a store!!! It's a place you could spend hours and hours in!!

Melissa said...

I love well thought out, fabulously merchandised stores like that! So much fun! You never know what kind of treasure you might find in one of the little nooks. : )

Protector of Vintage said...

What a lovely store! Glad you had a fun day!

Melody Brown said...

I love those yo yo trees Holly!
That is a Wilender I think, but not sure. I was just happy top find two so I can offer a set.
That store is wonderful! Loving all the displays.