Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Snow On the Palouse!

We have snow already!  It's been snowing off and on for 3 days now.
  The old pic from above is from my first year on the farm but if you drive out of my little neighborhood here in town and out on the open road, you can see miles of snow covered wheat fields just like this.

Winter comes early to the Palouse but that's okay.  
I'm thankful for the longer than usual fall that we had- more sunshine than usual and warmer, too!
I'm not a snow lover like some of you are but I'm embracing it.  
Might as well!
 ♥ 

Yesterday was Bobby and Holly day so we watched a Christmas movie!  I'm humming Christmas carols and crafting up a storm for my trees!  Oh don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Thanksgiving.  
The thing I'm most thankful for is Christmas!  


Seriously, I'm a very thankful person all year round and I hate to cook so what can I say?  If I was going to YOUR house for Thanksgiving and YOU were doing all the cooking then I'd probably like Thanksgiving as much as my guys do!

Thanks for coming by!

15 comments:

★Carol★ said...

Another thing we have in common: hating to cook! ;0)

With all of that snow out there, staying inside and crafting sounds like a cozy idea. Stay warm!

GardenOfDaisies said...

It's so beautiful there. One of my college friends lives on a small ranch in that area, and I love seeing the pictures she shares with us. I'm busy working away on my Christmas projects, too. Lots of time consuming hand work.

Primitive Stars said...

Wow!!!!! That's a lot of the white stuff already..... Love the picture, cozy , Blessings Francine.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love the idea of Christmas crafting and Christmas movies. I've already starting playing some Christmas records. MI sometimes get early snow, but we have so many leaves on the trees still, it would be a heavy wet mess.

Stay cozy!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Glad you have the SNOW! We just had a dusting last night. I'm not a winter girl either! I sure am getting into the Christmas mood. haven't watched any movies, yet!
Warmly,
deb

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Can't wait to see some of your Christmas crafts!! I just posted today a few that I'm working on :) I love eating for Thanksgiving! Yumm! Happy crafting! xo Holly

Patti M said...

Holly you & yours can just come on down to my house...I love to cook! I cook for two days! I love setting a pretty table. I may not have been born in the south but I have embraced it & become a true southern woman! LOL! So come on down here to Florida! ....hugs patti :)

Beedeebabee said...

Oh you lucky girl! I love the snow...the more the better. Stay cozy and have plenty of fun crafty up your always adorable things! xo

Melissa said...

Three days!!! Goodness gracious...we've had a light dusting here and there and that's it. Good luck up there this winter!

Mary @ Ms. Redo said...

You make me laugh out loud, girl! But snow in early November, hmm, hard to imagine, honestly. Glad you embrace it and are thankful, and like you, Christmas is one thing I am extremely thankful for. I am trying to control myself this year :)

Mary

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Just beautiful Holly! I love the beauty of the snow, but not trying to get around in it. We don't get much here. I like cooking but hate the clean-up. I'll cook for you, and you can get the dishes, LOL!

Aw, you day with hubby sound like fun! :) Pam

Shelia said...

Snow!?! Wow, I'm impressed! I love snow and would love to see it sometimes. You're just as cute as your blog name is. Thanks for popping in to see me and stay warm.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I do love snow but I am just tired of having to drive to work in it all the time....
I have the same cannister set as the picture on your side bar...
Thanks for your visit!

Hugs,
Deb

Shelia said...

Hi Holly! Your soap is pretty. I usually cook a big dinner but this year we're going out! I say 'Yay'!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

CoriLynn said...

And I've been complaining about 65 degree weather and possible rain… ;)
The snow looks beautiful!
~xoxo, CoriLynn