Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Green Tree

Close up of my rag ball and yo yo garlands on my green tree.

There's barely room for my tree next to my hutch!
We bought this big tree when we lived on the farm and had a LOT more room!

When and if I'm done with the whole room, I'll take a whole room pic!  I'm having so much fun!
If it's not fun- I don't do it!  


Please remember that it took me WEEKS to do all this and I did it because I *wanted* too!
Some of you girls are feeling overwhelmed by Christmas but I hope you can enjoy!


*FOOT UPDATE*
Self diagnosis was correct- severe Achilles tendinitis that won't heal.  Doc says it *won't* heal unless I have physical therapy!
My back needs physical therapy too so we will address that as well.

I know I will be happy when this is all said and done but I am a low stress- stay at home person and the thought of having to go and do all of this had me pretty emotional the day of my diagnosis.

I hardly *ever* cry but for some reason, going to the doc makes me cry.
I hate it.
I can't remember half of what she said to me so I need to look up my record online and read her notes.

OKAY!
That's enough about my health problems!  Ha-ha!
Just remember friends, no one has a perfect life!
We're all facing something and some of us are facing MANY things!
But I always find the things to be thankful for and have fun.
I MUST!

14 comments:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I agree only do the holiday decorations if it brings you joy. I must admit I groan a bit when in the process (3 days spent) but the end results make me happy.

Debby said...

So sorry. I once had that with my heel and my back. I could hardly walk. They put me in pool therapy to get me started. It did wonders. But I didn't like having to make the appointments and rearranging my day. I also think if the decorations stress you out do less. Hugs

Van said...

I LOVE the Christmas explosion! :D

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I like your attitude, Hooly! If its not fun don't do it! I see too many people stressing over Christmas and it just shouldn't be that way! I 'used' to be one of them! You are an inspiration to us all. Doctors are not fun:( I'm still praying for your feet! Twyla

Helen Philipps said...

Your holiday decorations are gorgeous, and I love all the things you made for your tree. I agree, crafting should be fun! So sorry about your foot problems, and I hope you can get through the treatment with the least stress and disruption. Love your bright and cheery blog.
Take care.
Helen x

Perfectly Printed said...

I agree...sometimes I can put out a ton of effort to decorate for the holiday and other time not so much. It's all good....we all really have so much to be thankful for! Good luck with the foot and back....a few years ago I had shoulder surgery and then PT....now I'm as good as new!!

Mary @ Ms. Redo said...

I'm sorry Holly, I really am, I don't like going to docs or dentists and would, like you, much prefer to stay at home. Try to get better fast so you don't have to go for very long :)

But your tree looks awesome, I love the rag balls and yo-yos on it! I'm thinking of taking my little rag ball garland you made and putting it on my tree because I love it so much!

Hugs ~ Mary

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Reay like your rag ball & yo-yo garland. You tree and hutch are very festive! Can relate to doctor thing, the pre-apprehension is the worst. Just try and relax and it will soon be behind you.

ThrifterSisters said...

Everything is looking awesome, Holly. I was super stressed about getting all of my stuff out but after 3 days when I was finally able to sit back and look at it all, I was thrilled! This weekend, the trees go up. Since everything else is done, I can actually enjoy decorating them.

Hope everything looks up for you health wise. Physical therapy is no fun but sometimes a necessary evil. We are sending positive thoughts your way!

Erica

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So pretty! Love all your sweet decorations and I just love your cabinet there! :) Sorry to hear that, wishing you the best! xo Holly

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your home is gorgeous, Holly. So many pretty decorations. What joy it must bring you!! I'm sorry that your diagnosis wasn't what you had hoped for. I ended up having PT after foot surgery and made good friends with my therapist. Once I got into the PT routine, I was surprised at how much better I was walking and feeling. Wishing you the best too.

Jann Olson said...

Holly, your garlands look so cute on your tree. And yes, it is a big tree. Big is better, right? lol! I too agree that we need to look at the positive and not dwell on the negative. P.T. is not fun, but if it helps it will really be worth it. Glad you found out what it was for sure. Also, forgot to wish your hubby a happy birthday. I'm sure he's glad he has you too!
hugs,
Jann

CoriLynn said...

You always make me smile Holly. You are so positive and encouraging!! I'm very sorry for the physical pain you are experiencing, but I fully agree that a happy outlook helps immensely! Keep having fun and finding joy!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh, Holly! I understand. My Shoulder and arm have been killing me for over a year. But when my dad died earlier this year, I just forgo going to any doctors. I finally found out that I have a torn rotater cuff that they said will be very hard to heal since it has been torn for so long! But this has been a year for me to not complain and try really hard to count my blessings so I don't get too far depressed. Be happy, put a smile on your face and praise God!
Blessings,
Susie