Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Jadeite and More!

Ooo!  My sweet facebook/blogging friend Jane gifted me with my first piece of Fire King Jadeite! Eeeks! 
It's the batter bowl and I just love it!  
I was waiting for a sunny day to get a clearer/shinier pic but alas-
no sun!  
Jane also gave me some groovy linens that I will show another time.

  Thanks again, dear Jane!
On Monday, I brought my roll of quarters down to the antique mall  and I HAD to find a bargain!
(We do what we have to- right?)
I was happy to find this painted sifter for $8.00!
The cute painted ones usually go for much more so I snagged it up!
And then to make myself feel really frugal, I bought this little eggnog cup for a dollar.
I even had a little change left over!
  Maybe I'll have a whole set some day.

Bloggy friends, I'm having so much fun on my new facebook page!
 I won't stop blogging here but facebook is just so much faster.
I have 700+ likes already and have people who comment and visit every day!
It's really made my winter more bearable.

Is there anything you're doing that helps you get through the winter?

Love to you all!  You are special! 

21 comments:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Oooh, I love the jadeite batter bowl!!!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Lucky you! I see a new collection starting and I can imagine you fluffing up your cabinet too with new pieces to add.

xo Danielle

Protector of Vintage said...

Gorgeous treasures!

LBP said...

My sister would fight you over that jadeite bowl!!! Love your sifter too. I can't wait for this winter to end. We are getting a little respite today with sun and highs in the upper 50's!

Linda

Mom Wald said...

Those will definitely make it feel like spring. It's as if the heavens opened, a ray of sun came down, and "Lo there was Jadeite".

Seriously though, one of my first pieces was that batter bowl in white. Jadeite! Wow, what a friend.

This is so great I gotta pin it!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I'm looking in to the Facebook/blog thing. I LOVE jadeite, but don't own a single piece. Maybe that should be my next collection. :-)

retrorevival.biz said...

Lucky duck, you! What a fine piece to start your collection:)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, that is a stunning piece of jadeite! So precious of her to share with you. Your sifter is so cute! I would miss you here. Hope you don't leave us. Twyla

Holly Loves Art said...

Really fun! Love the red and green!

Stacey@ Cottage Industry said...

I love jadeite and the mixing bowl is a fave! what a wonderful gift!

ThrifterSisters said...

I have that same batter bowl and I use it every time I bake. You will love it!!

~Erica

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love that sweet sifter! Wow, the jadeite batter bowl is some fabulous gift.

I've resisted fb but might give it a try. You just put your blog on fb?

Shelia said...

Hi Holly! Oh, I love your Jadeite bowl and how sweet it was given to you! You know I need that! :) You did well with your shopping spree!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jill said...

I have a white batter bowl, it's my pancake makimg bowl!

Jadeite is so pretty!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

My sister has quite the jadite collection...so pretty!

{oc cottage} said...

how amazing is that sifter!! LOVE it!!

m ^..^

Jane said...

Good photo even without the sunshine, Holly! You made that old bowl look almost new! Fond memories of my mother's pancakes were sent with it. That's a really pretty sifter you found too - so cheerful.
xo Jane

Musings from Kim K. said...

I always hope to find jadeite at a reasonable price at estate sales and never do. I love that batter bowl!!!I still have my grandmother's flour shifter. It doesn't have any special graphics, but lots of special memories.

Melissa said...

Yay for Jadeite! And the sifter is super cute and a crazy good bargain for $8.
I'm hoping to get a good piece of gifted jadeite today. We'll see, my friend just said she had a pretty mint green non-pyrex bowl for me. Cross your fingers!

vintage grey said...

Beautiful jadeite bowl and darling sifter!! xo Heather

Jann Olson said...

Holly, Oh wow! I would love to snag a jadite batter bowl and a sweet sifter like that! $8 was a great deal! Your fb page is doing awesome! Mine is just kind of sitting there. I'm not really good ant knowing what to do to promote it. It's o.k. I just mainly started it because it was 'the thing to do'. Not really sure what purpose it serves for me. lol!
hugs,
Jann