Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Crafting and Treasure Hunting

Nothing new around here!
Just crafting.
Is making yo yos considered crafting?
I loved this cherry fabric from a little girl's dress!
It's making some sweet yo yos!
I redeemed my $20.00 shopping spree card at the Salvation Army yesterday!
This Corningware pie plate was one of my finds.
I see the casseroles all the time but this was my first time to find a pie plate!
I also picked up this waste basket.
Do you think it's vintage?
The woven part is soft.
I don't know much about this type of glassware but I remember my siblings and I having similar ones in the 60s and 70s.  
We would put colored water in them and we thought we were so cool!

I also found an AWESOME tall wicker shelf for only $10.00 and it was basically free since I used my punch card!
My treasure hunting trip was really fun because I've hardly been able to go shopping at all since all my foot/back/heel knee problems began!
My physical therapist has commended me for hanging in there when I've seen so little improvement.
It can be discouraging but my crafting, blogging and facebooking helps see me through my lack of activities that I usually enjoy.

I hope you are finding things that you enjoy too- especially SPRING!

9 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm sorry you aren't seeing improvement with your PT. Your positive attitude definitely counts for something! Keep on creating! Love your latest finds. Hugs!

Debby said...

Nice finds.
I was having hip pain. I went through therapy and it didn't help. About a month after I finished my therapist called the insurance company to get me approved for therapy on my back. Here it was my back not my hip. I was glad that she insisted on what she thought was going on. Good luck, I hope something helps soon.

Rosie said...

Glad you were able to get out and do a little thrifting! It does a body good! Your cherry yo yos are sweet. :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Those yo yo's are adorable!! I remember those old liquor bottles. Sorry, you are having all sorts of knee and back problems....That is tough and sure takes the fun out of junking!

Carol

Art and Sand said...

You sound pretty upbeat despite your health issues.

Hope things are better soon.

Love the fabric on the yo-yos.

ThrifterSisters said...

I don't know if that wastebasket is vintage or not but who cares?! It's pink and so cute!!

~Erica

Jane said...

You found some good things! Hope all your PT will help you out soon!
xo Jane

LBP said...

The second I saw those bottles I had a flashback! Mom had bottles very similar, one filled with blue water and the other with green, sitting in the picture window of our house!

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I hate chronic pain.

Linda

Carol said...

Dear friend,
Good finds! I received a Corningware pie plate like yours when P and I got married in 1975. I remember who gave us the gift. Have a day filled with sunshine from middle TN!