Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hello Window!

Hello, hello!
 

Back in the Fall, I won a gift cert to a local antique store and used it for this light green, chippy window!
I wanted to add some strength to my dinning room.
I knew exactly where I wanted to hang it.
Since my cat kept knocking all my embroidery hoops down I needed another plan above my wicker desk.
I plan on hanging my vintage strawberry curtain on it and then take things from there.
Coming up, stay tuned to Cutie Pie Cottage to see how this little vintage suitcase gets a make over!
I've wanted to fix this case up for a long time so I thought taking a pic and writing about it would help make it happen!  We'll see!

Thanks for coming by, beautiful people!

7 comments:

Mary @ Ms. Redo said...

Lots of excitement at your house, can't wait to see the completed window and suitcase!

Mary

Laura Adams said...

I can't wait to see it finished!!!!...I have a chippy window that I framed the kids pictures in it.

vintage grey said...

So cute and love all the decals you have been sharing! xo Heather

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Ah, too bad about the hoops. I like windows, too! I look forward to seeing what you do with the suitcase. Twyla

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I LOVE old windows! You will have fun decorating with it!
warmly,
deb

Musings from Kim K. said...

We have a set of windows that we rescued from a salvage yard. They are hanging on the wall above our fireplace mantle and they get seasonal makeovers. I decorated a train case suitcase several years ago with vintage birthday paper and it was one of my favorite projects. I can't wait to see what you have in store with that suitcase.

CherryPicked said...

I love the window/curtain idea! Can't wait to see what you got going on with that suitcase.