Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, May 12, 2014

Canisters As Planters

Hello there dear blog readers!
I took my orphaned tin canisters down from the kitchen cabinets and assigned them to the porch!
  Cute huh?
They are on the front steps now but photographed better here on the porch table.
These canisters have been shared 17 times on facebook already!
So fun!
My boys took me hiking for Mother's day!  
It was just a 2 1/4 mile hike to Elk River lower falls but I LOVED it!  
It was my first hike since developing Achilles Tendonitis, Plantar Fasciitis AND Arthritis!
I had to bring a ski pole along but I DID IT!
Oh what I wouldn't give to have JUST lower back problems again!  

If you haven't hit 50 yet- ENJOY!  

14 comments:

Art and Sand said...

All the issues of old age have itis at the end!

Love your cannisters.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh what a sweet way to spend your day with your sons. Gorgeous hiking view! Love your canister plants, sweet. Ha, ha...50 yeah.

Sandy McClay said...

LOVE the tins and what a beautiful spot for hiking....:)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your canisters are certainly happy looking with their fresh flowers. Congratulations on surviving your hike. What a gorgeous picture. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend Mother's day!

harriette said...

What a fun and cute idea for tnose canisters! That view is breathtaking! Happy Mothers day

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Those are adorable....I will never again pass up tins without tops!!

Carol

Denise said...

Holly,I had planter's fascitits and Achilles tendonitis in My early 40s.I thought it was going to last the rest of My life .It took several years to go away.What a blessing when it's gone.The doc.did nothing.Where the hankies ? Love Denise

Rosie said...

Such a sweet idea for the cans! So glad you could enjoy your Mothers day with your boys in the out of doors! :)

Melissa said...

Your plants look great! And congrats to you for making that hike. 2 1/4 miles is pretty dang good!

vintage grey said...

Darling idea for the canisters! I have used old tea cans, but love this, too! xo Heather

vivian said...

hi holly pie! Your canisters look adorable, no surprise that they would get shared like that!
Have a great weekend!
xoxo
vivian

Protector of Vintage said...

I love your idea of using canisters as planters!!!!

Jann Olson said...

I use to plant old tins with flowers in front of Kylee's playhouse. Yesterday after church I planted 3 with Begonias to sit inside and old dresser. Really won't see the tins that well. Not as old as yours. I use to collect them as they came out back in the 70's. The hike sounds so fun. I got up at 6:30 to go on a hike with two of neighbors. She said she would pick me up at 7. Never showed. Must have forgot or didn't go.
hugs,
Jann

Stacey Johnson said...

Love the canisters! i haven't seen any of those