Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Framed Wreath

Ta-da!  I tried adding a bow/other embellishments to the wreath but they seemed to take away from the yo yos so I just left it plain.  I gave it several thin coats of Scotchgard before hanging.  I wish I had thought of that with my porch yo yo table mat!
I took a bunch of porch pics on a partly sunny day to eliminate shadows but they turned out a bit muddy looking.  Oh well.  I'll keep trying.
See my new bush on the porch?
It's an Endless Summer Hydrangea!  (My mother's day present!)
I will plant it somewhere in the front of the porch.

10 comments:

Shirley Hatfield said...

The frame idea is brilliant. I love that you can frame different wreaths for the seasons...so cute. And the colorful yoyos don't need any other embellishment, the wreath is perfect as it is. =D

Art and Sand said...

Cute, cute wreath, but I am in LOVE with your porch.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I always enjoy how you frame your creations. Your wreath is absolutely darling.

Miss Rhea said...

Very CUTE :)

Jill said...

I'd love to have a front porch!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

You have taken yo yo's to a new level!! I love your wreath and your house is adorable! That front porch is every girls dream!

Carol

Deanies Stash said...

The frame really sets off that wonderful wreath. It looks great on your porch.

Jane said...

Perfectly lovely - and so cute! Wish I could have an Endless Summer Hydrangea, but they don't thrive here.

LBP said...

Love it!

Diane Mars said...

Holly, I love your latest project, I sure hope you had fun with the Grands I bet they have all changed somewhat. Sorry I have been so slow with visiting your blog and posting on mine. I have had a lot going on here. My craft room has been taken apart for two months now... but good news tomorrow carpet gets installed so I am going to be back to rocking. Big Hugs From California