Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Do You Wanna Buy A Garland?

 Do You Wanna Buy A Garland?  
(Title sung to the tune of Do You Wanna Build A Snowman.)

Once upon a time, women saved their fabric scraps for quilt piecing and rag rugs.
Since scraps needed to be organised, some were wrapped into balls until used.
With these resourceful women in mind, I created mini rag ball garlands! 
Mini rag balls are made from small styrofoam balls and covered in vintage, upcycled or new fabric- depending on my inventory at the time.
Not forgetting the memory of Grandma's button jar, I also add sweet buttons to my garlands!
Strung on yarn, garlands are 4 feet long with the buttons and balls  spaced tightly.
With extra yarn left at each end, buttons and balls can be spaced if a longer garland is wanted.  
Happily custom made by me, Holly, at Cutie Pie Cottage, your mini rag ball garland will be perfect with *your* choice of colors!
Little girls love these garlands so they make a perfect gift for them, too. (For decorative
 purposes only.) 
Available for just $20.00 which includes shipping, mini rag ball garlands are the perfect touch of creative, crafty cute!   
I do not have a Paypal at this time so payment must be made by check, money order or cash.
(Would anyone like to help me set up a paypal?)  
  If you would like to buy a mini rag ball garland, please send me an email through the address provided in my profile here on blogger.  (Click on profile located in my blog sidebar.)
You can also send me a private message through my  Cutie Pie Cottage facebook page.  Please join me there if you haven't already!

If you already own one of my garlands and love it, please leave a comment here so other people will know how much more adorable they are in person!
Thank you so much!

16 comments:

Amy Jo said...

These are so cute!!

xoxo,
Amy Jo

Sandy McClay said...

I have one and I adore it...I am looking at it right now! Holly I would be happy to help you set up an account, but it is self explanatory on Paypal...let me know! :)

DianeM said...

Oooo, I love your garlands:-) Like Sandy said PayPal is pretty easy to setup. I don't know if it's still true or not, but when I set mine up, if you only accepted cash then you weren't charged a transaction fee. Otherwise it's 2.9% + $.30 per transaction...HTH.
Smiles, DianeM

Jane said...

I'm so lucky! I have one of your beautiful rag ball garlands and lvoe the way it drapes wherever I want to hang it! So colorful and so cute!!! Nice to see the one you have draped over the jadeite bowl :)
Hugs, Jane

Beth Niquette said...

How perfectly creative and nifty!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! Your garlands are so perfectly creative and cute! I think everyone should have one! I hope you get lots of orders! Twyla

Lynn said...

I have a red, white, and blue one That Holly made for me years ago and it is amazing!!! I just love it! She does a great job on her garlands!
Hugs,
Lynn

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love your special garland and it brings such joy to see it in my craft room. I have pictures of your cutie pie garland on this post:

http://kenward.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-cutie-pie-touch-to-my-craft-room.html

Jann Olson said...

Well, since I already have one of your fabulous rag ball garlands and love it, how about letting me buy the jadite batter bowl? lol! Seriously, I just have to tell you...a couple of weeks ago I got an e-mail about an estate sale. In the photos it looked like there was a jadite batter bowl. I could hardly sleep thinking about it. Hee-hee! Well, got there and it wasn't. It was still sweet. A vintage green colored one by Bauer. I think that's how it was spelled. I had to pay $35 for it, but got home and on ebay it was over $100. I'm happy, but still looking for jadite.
hugs,
Jann

donna said...

Your garlands are so sweet.
Hugs
donna

Shirley Hatfield said...

My sweet garland is in reds and turquoises...my favorite combination. It looked adorable hung on my Valentine tree and surrounded by vintage cards and other cute things. One of my treasures. =D

Diane Mars said...

I also have one of Holly's Garlands and I just love it! I have draped across the window in my Studio mine is pink and yellow I just love that combo. These make great gifts! Lets keep Jolly Busy with loads of orders she loves custom orders too!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I was lucky enough to win one of your adorable garlands! I love all of the perfect pink colors perfect for my home....Thank you!

Carol

Connie said...

Oh my goodness that is the cutest thing . . . that and your Humpty Dumpty in the post below. If it is cute . . . I can always find it on your blog.
Great posts from a very creative gal.
Keep Smiling,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Art and Sand said...

I have one of Holly's garlands in primary colors and it looks so cute hanging in my creative space.

Theresa said...

What a wonderful way to use those scraps of fabric! Love your garlands! Have a blessed day, HUGS!