Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Porch Frame and Thrift Finds

Hello blog friendies!  Idaho finally cooled down and we had some rain.
  I feel like a new woman!  I took a big piece from my garage sale cutter quilt and popped it in a hoop. I know it's not even but there were big knotty lumps of batting to contend with. This will hang on the porch until fall.
Look at this cute button frame I bought at the Salvation Army!  I've thought of doing this very thing but now I won't have, too.
It came with glass but I removed it for the pic.

Here's a few more vintagey SA finds.  I buy $10.00 worth at a time so I can get a punch on my card.  Once the card is full, you get a $20.00 shopping spree!
I bought this huge Samsonite case at a garage sale for $5.00.  
Even though it's big, it's not heavy- yet.  
☺  
This will store all my blue fabrics.

I've been busy filling rag ball garland orders and making yo yos for more scarecrows.  I also finished up 2 more yo yo letters for a great niece and nephew.  It's nice to stay busy and have hobbies I enjoy.

Hope you're all happy and enjoying the rest of summer!

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

That's a great idea for an old quilt. I see a lot of them at g-sales but skip over them. Now I'm going to be on the look out. I already have the big hoops. Wish I could sit on your front porch.

Denise said...

Hi Holly-Some times I forget to visit Your sweet blog because I follow you on FB and hear from You daily there.You have such darling taste in decorating I never tire of it.Love the old quilt idea,I have My Mom's 1930 bonnet baby quilt.I should cut it up and give it away as gifts to My family.It's tearing and Oh so lumpy. hugs Denise

Musings from Kim K. said...

Cute ideas (as always). I'm glad you are finding lots of fun treasures. Your porch is darling.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Your front porch must be the cutest in town! Love the quilt in the frame. Don't forgrt to show us your yo yo projects when they are finished. I'm enjoying the last weeks of summer, especially the fresh tomatoes. :)

Jane said...

So happy you finally got some rain! We've had plenty here this summer - starting to feel like I live in a jungle or rain forest!
Always enjoy your cute vintage finds since they remind me of things I grew up with. Those ice trays were such fun!
xo Jane

Patti said...

Ohhhhhed, I love the quilt in the hoop! You always have best ideas!

vivian said...

love the button frame! I have one around here somewhere with all white buttons.. but I have not seen it in a while.. hmmmmm....
glad youre having fun finding thrifty treasures! that big old suitcase will come in handy for sure!
have a great day holly!
xoxo
vivian

donna said...

Your old quilt looks great in that frame. What a great idea. I will it would start cooling off here. It has been like 100 degrees here. You always find the best stuff. You go girl.
Hugs
donna

Deanies Stash said...

I love your finds. The quilt & frame look great. Your porch is so homey.

retrorevival.biz said...

Good finds! And I like how you framed the fabric in the hoop ~ cute:)