Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, September 15, 2014

My New Fireplace

Celebrate with me!  I have a portable fireplace!
It sat at the thrift store for months waiting for me to have enough money to buy it.
I'm so glad no one else bought it first!  Isn't it perfect?

It has a fake log and burns a fire gel that crackles like wood!  
I can't wait till it's cold enough to use it!  
The last 2 houses I lived in had wood stoves and I've really missed having a fire.  I've also lived in 2 different houses that had a fire place and I loved decorating the mantel.  
This is more for looks and mood rather than heat but I am glad it has a real flame!  I'll show it to you again when I have it decorated for fall.
Thanks for coming by!  remember that I'm on facebook too now!

13 comments:

Mary Clark said...

Are you kidding me, that's awesome! Can't wait to see it when you've gotten your decor on it! Glad it stayed at the store til you saved enough.

Mary

Debby said...

I missed not having a fireplace so I bought one of these last year. We love it. I like that yours has a mantle.

Musings from Kim K. said...

This is a wonderful fireplace. It will be so much fun to decorate for each season. Congratulations!!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love it! That is a beauty! I have one like that and it is electric and also has a heater, I turn it on in the winter all the time and love that way it is a focal piece in the living room. I am so glad it waited for you, I can see the Christmas stockings hanging on it!

Carol

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You will certainly have fun decorating your new fireplace!
warmly,
deb

Deanies Stash said...

Holly, what a neat fireplace! It is going to be fun to see how you decorate it.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

That will be so nice for you in the cooler months! I love fireplaces! Can't wait to see it all decorated up!! :) xo Holly

Diane Mars said...

Great addition to your Home it looks like it was always there and yes a mantle to decorate I know you are going to love that! ox, Diane

Jane said...

I think you'll enjoy decorating your beautiful new fireplace for every season and every holiday! It's a lovely addition to your home.

Art and Sand said...

Even though our weather is mild all winter, we love to have a fire in the fireplace at night in the winter months - so cozy.

Enjoy your new fireplace.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

It waited for you because it is perfect in your home! Just love it, you are going to have cutie pie fun decorating it. How great to have a mantle for all those seasonal displays. :)

vivian said...

its perfect Holly! I know you will put your cutie pie touch on it and it will look adorable for the holidays!
Enjoy!!
and happy wednesday
xoxo
vivian

donna said...

What a score. It looks beautiful. I know you are going to have so much fun decorating it and it will be so cute.
Hugs
donna