Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, October 20, 2014

Fireplace Mantel

Even though I haven't had a fire yet, I finally went ahead and decorated my mantel!  Green glass ware and Indian corn from the Goodwill, berry/ pumpkin sprig and mini pumpkins from Walmart and leaf garland from Joanns.  I like the garland because it's so full.  I'm thinking about putting a bit of frosty glitter on it but I'm not sure.  (Of course I've changed the mantel since snapping this pic!) 

It looks so pretty with the twinkle lights and candles lit!  It's so hard to get a good pic with the mirror there but I'll keep trying!

Are you wondering why I haven't used the fireplace yet?  I'm making myself wait until the room is all re-done!  This is going to be my spa/nature room so I'm totally redoing it!  I've been gathering ideas on pinterest and started a board I'm calling Forrest Chic.  I'm also not sure which wall the fireplace will be on so everything has to be juuuust right (and cold) until I can use it!  I'm funny that way.  I like to wait on good things- savor the newness.

My eldest son took me on an antique buying trip for a belated birthday gift!  If you're not with me on facebook, I'll be showing my finds here soon.

Hope you're all having a happy fall!  I'm feeling happier than I have in a long while and THAT'S a good thing! 

8 comments:

Debby said...

Love the mantle. My birthday was this month, too. Happy birthday.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

SO pretty Holly! Love your sweet mantle. I had a fire this morning, it was chilly. :) Pam

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Mantle are great funt to decorate! Yours is perfect for fall!
warmly,
deb

Deanies Stash said...

Hi Holly. Your mantle looks wonderful! How fun to go antique shopping trip with your son for a belated birthday. I had my birthday on the first!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

It looks perfect!! I have an electric fireplace and love that I can move it anywhere too. Belated happy Birthday

Carol

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your mantle. Sounds like you have all sorts of fun things planned for your special room remake. Enjoy!

Protector of Vintage said...

Wish I had a mantle!! Yours is gorgeous!

retrorevival.biz said...

You have a beautiful fireplace, Holly! Made even prettier with your decorations:)