Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Birthday Table!

Happy Birthday to me!
This 50s dinette was sitting outside under a carport at the antique mall we went to.  It was soooo dirty!

A guy saw me looking at it and said I could have it and the 4 chairs for $75.00!  The leaf was hidden underneath it.  I didn't even know it was there until after we bought it!  

When the table is wet, it more closely matches the leaf color.  I'm researching how to shine it up for good!


And here's one of the chairs!  This one was in the best shape!  All the others are torn.

Here's a close up.  This pattern is called cracked ice and it reminds me so much of my mom!

I had fun scrubbing it up and shining it!

For now it's sitting on the front porch but it will be joining the table in my craft room tomorrow!

I found more fun things on my birthday shopping trip but I'll save them for another post!

13 comments:

Debby said...

Happy Birthday. When is the actual date. Mine is this week. I bought myself something too, hah. Love the table. It reminds me of my inlaws.

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a lovely dinette set!!! It's wonderful and you will have so much fun using it. Sounds like a wonderful birthday.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Happy belated birthday Holly! Sweet table. Have fun fixing it up.

Mary Clark said...

Happy birthday, sweet Holly! Love your new table and chairs, they're like the ones I grew up with!

Mary

Deanies Stash said...

Happy belated birthday. I just celebrated my on the 1st. I haven't decided what to buy with my birthday money yet. Love the table & chairs!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Awesome table!!!

Primitive Stars said...

Wow!!!!!! wonderful table and chairs. Blessings Francine.

Protector of Vintage said...

Happy Birthday!!! Love the dinette set...great color.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Holly your table is really cute. Happy Birthday to you. I hope you enjoyed your day.

xo Danielle

Ann said...

I remember sitting at a table like this in the 1950's for breakfast when I was in grade school. My petticoats would hardly fit under the table. Love your purchase!!
Ann

Patti said...

Hurrah for you! This is a perfect Birthday gift! Yeah!

★Carol★ said...

Happy Belated Birthday Holly! Love that table and chairs. I grew up with a red table in the "cracked ice" pattern. Unfortunately my Mom covered it with something that I think is vinyl. If I could figure out how to unstick that stuff, the table would be in my house right now! Hope you had a great birthday!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome find!!! Would something like Modge Podge bring the faded part back to it's former glory I wonder?