Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Three Makes A Collection!

I finally found my third painted sifter!  It has a wonderful red wooden knob AND a chunky red handle!  there's a little decal on the front, too.
It has been happily added to my red and green sifter
 AND my apple sifter!
Here's all three together so you can see the size difference.

There's just something about them- like a hug from my mother and grandmother.

I don't have any large collections.  I would become bored with collecting only one thing.  I probably have more Pyrex than anything else.  Or maybe baby planters- or is it suitcases?  

Hope you're all enjoying fall!  I don't really do Halloween but I do love fall.  I only wish it lasted longer.  Winter comes early when you live in the north!

Thanks for coming by!

9 comments:

Shirley Hatfield said...

I wish I still had my apple sifter. It was one of my first purchases for my "apple kitchen" when I was engaged to be married. I got it at the grocery store. Sweet memories.

Deanies Stash said...

Love the sifters. They bring back memories of grandma making pies, etc.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Sweet Holly, Just love your sifters and they look great together. No, none of us collect anything, ha ha ha. Well, we can't help what we like, right?

Happy Fall!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Yep, threes a collection and they are all adorable!

Carol

vivian said...

I would say that is a great start for a collection! I used to have my mothers.. but I have no clue whatever happen to it.. that was way before I appreciated stuff like that!
have a great day.. maybe you should make a pie!
xoxo
vivian

Musings from Kim K. said...

3 is definitely a collection! I have my grandmother's sifter. It's plain, but it makes me think of her delicious desserts!

Art and Sand said...

3 definitely makes a collection. I love the patterns on each of them.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

These are all totally adorable! I couldn't choose a favourite. What a cute collection! :D

vintage grey said...

Sweet collection!! I have the cute apple one!! ;) xo Heather