Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Thrifting for Christmas

The Christmas items have hit the Goodwill!
It took a lot of searching thru row after row but I found these 2 vintage angel tree toppers.  I collect these so now I have 4.  My dream is to find *The One* that I had in childhood- a rare black haired one with her hair in a bun.
I also found this fat and very vintage Holly garland- about 5 Ft long!
I love it!

I've been undressing the hutch, dusting it and washing the previous occupants- Pyrex and Melamine, etc.  Then of course I have to organize my kitchen cupboards to make room for it all!  Once that is done, I'll start Bobby will start taking down the Christmas boxes to decorate the hutch!
Hutch 1rst- then the tree.  That's the order and it takes a few weeks!
But this year, my feet don't hurt!  Yay!

Hope you're all having fun!

7 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Holly, I have the sweet angel on the right. My Mom had her and gave her to me a few years ago because I loved it so much when I was a kid. I'm keeping my eye out for the one you are missing when I go thrifting.

Haven't started Christmas yet, still adding a little to my Thanksgiving display. :)

Simply Shelley said...

Have fun decorating Holly, I'll come back by to see your progress. I like your finds....have a blessed weekend

Deanies Stash said...

Have fun decorating. I think the angels are sweet and the garland is wonderful.

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love looking for vintage Christmas items, too. I haven't had any luck this year, and I've been looking all year. I'm glad you were able to find some. Good luck on your special search.

vintage grey said...

So cute!!! I look forward to a little treasure hunting this week! xo Heather

Jill said...

I hope this is the season that you find your special angel!! The ones you did find are pretty cute though!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What great Goodwill finds, seems like I have to do a lot of searching at thrifts to find vintage holiday decor...Have fun decorating!

Carol