Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Treasure Hunting Day!

Last Saturday, I  was (finally) bitten by the treasure hunting bug again.  (I go through phases.)
I drove 2 towns over to the WSU mom's weekend sale...  (A big adventure for me!)

I found lots of smalls and this recipe box was my fav.
 It's just like the one my mom had.
I've been waiting for years to find one locally.

This round canister from the 50s is so unique!  
After the moms sale, I hit lots of other shops there and here at home!  I was on a roll!

It was raining so I sat in my van at a park and had a little picnic.

These cups are now in my forest chic bedroom holding jewelry and junk.

Finally found some red Lustoware canisters.
The lettering has seen better days!

When I first saw this cherry fabric I thought it was a tablecloth but it turned out to be just enough fabric to drape over my large living room window!  (Only 5 bucks!)

Yup, I know it's not even- yet.  

It was a fun day of treasure hunting and now I'm broke so I better get back to crafting!  Ha-ha!
Thanks for coming by!

8 comments:

Art and Sand said...

What fun finds!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What great treasures you found and brought home! Well worth the trip!! Love that pretty fabric you've draped over the window!! ...It does look like a really big table cloth! :) Hope you have a wonderful week! xo Holly

Shirley Hatfield said...

What a cutie you are! Your finds were great...I think my mom also had that recipe box! I need to get my blogging on track...wish me luck!

OnceUpon ADollCollection said...

Loved seeing your treasures! My favorite is the cherry fabric!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Pretty fabric and fun canisters. Nothing like some great finds.
warmly,
deb

vivian said...

lots of cute stuff there Holly! we used to have those tupperware coasters .. like when I was a kid! and I love the woodsy teacups.. and the round canister. you about hit the jackpot!
lol..
happy day my friend
xoxo

Musings from Kim K. said...

I absolutely love those pine cone teacups. What cute treasures. It looks like it was worth the distance! Love that pretty cherry fabric you've draped over the window! I have a cherry valance in my kitchen and it makes me happy, even when it's raining out.

Shelia said...

Hi sweetie! Oh, look at all of your wonderful finds. I love the recipe box too but that round thingy is gorgeous! I'm glad the weather is warming up so I can hit the streets and find some goodies.
You're always a sweetie,
Shelia ;)